Sign of concern?
I have several head injuries in my lifetime, (I'm 48) and the first one I can remember was a baseball bat to the forehead, when I was about 9. My family and I were just out trying out my older brother's new aluminum baseball bat at the park and I was playing catcher. My brother swung back and accidentally hit me, and the result was about 5 stitches, no concussion that I know, and that was the end of that. I don't remember being knocked out or seeing stars, therefore, the concern was low.

Today I had a bite to eat (breakfast food) and I immediately had a smell sensation that wasn't the food, or anything like it, but a "memory" smell that took me to that incident. The smell is hard to describe; it is not food like, or related to the food that I ate, not chemical, but maybe close to the smell of blood, particularly from that day when I was 9. I thought it might be the food that triggered it, but in the last 4 hours, the phantom type smell and memory have popped up a few more times.

It is very clear. This has never happened before. I am very healthy, within a healthy weight, exercise regularly, eat well, and on no medications. No family history of illness. Just longevity. : )  

My concern is perhaps a clot or something may be close or rolling around in there somewhere. I have fallen and hit my head (stupid teenager years) 3 more times after the first time, all of which could have used stitches. Only the last one got stitches. But none of them seemed to leave any concussions. It's just a gut instinct type thing, and I could be way off, but I am looking for some thought on this.

Any suggestions?
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Please don't worry, these occasional occurrences of phantom smells are normal. If it persists, then phantosmia most often occurs as a result of a head injury or upper respiratory infection. It can also be caused by temporal lobe seizures, sinusitis, brain tumors, migraine, Parkinson's disease and stroke. If your symptoms persist, please consult your GP for a neurological assessment. He may then refer you to a neurologist if needed.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
I have a history of blood clots, and PE's , I started taking this Anucort for my hemoroids , and since then i have been having rather bad pain in my kidney area and my legs , stiffness also , having problems walking, laying etc. do i have another blood clot??