Neurology Community
Single White Matter Lesion Left Frontal Lobe

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Over the past 3 years I have had a mess of symptoms that come and go including severe muscle fatigue in my legs, inability to sleep at night, night sweats, headaches behind my eyes or in the temple, chest pains, adult onset acne, etc. I ended up going to the doctor this summer because I had quit getting my menstrual period - last period was in February 2006.  After blood work revealed that my Pituitary Gland wasn't producing LH and FSH, the doctor scheduled an MRI (2 weeks ago) to look for a pituitary tumor.  No tumor was found in that area but there was a finding of "Single white matter lesion in the left frontal lobe, nonspecific to etiology.  Differential diagnosis includes demyelination and a lesion related to vascular."  The doctor referred me to a neurologist who I am seeing this week.  Could you provide insight as to questions I should ask of the neurologist?  Also, what does "differential diagnosis of demyelination and vascular" mean?  What expectations can I have of what the neurologist might want to look into or tests that he might want to have done?
I had recently had an MRItoo, see my other postings. 1.2 cm lesion and 1.4 cm lesion on my left temporal lobe. Mine also has differentials of demyelinating process such as tumofactive MS .My other differentials are Lyme disease, vasculitis, and chronic migraine syndrome.  Tests they can do to determine more , are possibly an MRA or other, and further tests lumbar to test for MS , possibly. However, i am not a DR.and don't have any exact answers for you, sorry. I had a test in ER after terrible spell, and they did some blood work, about my arteries to see if there was any infection which were normal. Thye will know what to do.. Get it started .. Take care
What did you find out?  I recently had an MRI which revealed a single white matter lesion in the left frontal lobe.  I was also referred to a neurologist and have an appointment, but it's several days away and the wait is driving me crazy!