Neurology Community
Skin on right thigh feels like pins and needles??

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, Multiple Sclerosis, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Hello!  I am 25 y.o., and in my teens, I had two back-to-back knee surgeries on my right knee. I've noticed that around the scars, the top of my shin, and part of the right side of my thigh are numb...however, I've been having these pins and needles...tingling (?) or sensation of my right thigh for the last year. Sometimes its more noticeable than others. It doesn't exactly hurt, but its an achy; similar to how skin feels when its super cold and "thawing." Its very bothersome and I'm concerned. I feel it mostly when I run my hand across my thigh, and only on the top and sides. I get a similar sensation on my butt.

Is any of this related to my knee surgeries? (nerve damage?)

I am a little bit over weight, but am working on loosing the weight.

Thank you in advance for any and all help.