I have a bump on the center of my head that runs down almost towards the front. It is exactly where the plates meet when they join together all the way down to the other plates towards the front. It is a hard bony lump. I would go as far as to say that it is a bone. I have had this thing for as long as I can remember. Is this something I should be worried about? Or is it just the bone itself?
As a small side note, I was hit on the head pretty hard with a basketball when I was in 7th grade. From what I remember it was around that area. It hit me so hard I chipped my tooth. But I don't remember if it was there before or after that happened. What do you think this may be? Thanks!
How are you feeling?
Do you have any other abnormal symptoms associated?
Are these calcifications are incidental findings on your scan?
Calcification is a process in which the mineral calcium builds up in tissue, causing it to harden. This can be a normal or abnormal process. Ninety-nine percent (99%) of calcium entering the body is deposited in bones and teeth and the remaining 1% of calcium is dissolved in the blood. When a disorder affects the balance between calcium and other minerals or hormones, calcium can be deposited in other parts of the body, such as arteries, kidneys, lungs, and brain. Calcium deposits in these parts of the body can cause problems with the function of these organs.
I don't think you should be worried as long as they are not causing any symptoms.
Hope this helps.
Thanks for helping me with this Caliber 2005. I am feeling normal. I have no symptoms that can be associated with a brain disorder. The only unrelated thing that I may have is tinnusitus (ringing of the ears) I don't think thats related to anything there. When I press down on the bump (feels like a bone that's a part of my skull...maybe becasue it is?) I get a little headache. I think that could be becasue I get worried about it. I haven't had a scan of any sort. I am unable to get one because I don't have insurance or money to get one. When I went to the doctor for a cold that I had a while ago I told him about it and he felt it. He seemed a bit concerned until I told him that I had it there for as long as I can remember. Could this just be a skull malformation? When a babies skull closes up can it "over close"? Excuse my ignorace and laymans terms. I am sure you know what I mean though. Thanks :)
I have been doing a little research and so the picture is a little clearer as to where this bony lump is I know what the part of the skull is called the vertex of the skull. Sagittal and coronal. To be honest I am worried so any answers at all would be appreciated.
Copyright 1994-2016 MedHelp International. All rights reserved.
MedHelp is a division of Aptus Health.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information.
The Content on this Site is presented in a summary fashion, and is intended to be used for educational and entertainment purposes only. It is not intended to be and should not be interpreted as medical advice or a diagnosis of any health or fitness problem, condition or disease; or a recommendation for a specific test, doctor, care provider, procedure, treatment plan, product, or course of action. Med Help International, Inc. is not a medical or healthcare provider and your use of this Site does not create a doctor / patient relationship. We disclaim all responsibility for the professional qualifications and licensing of, and services provided by, any physician or other health providers posting on or otherwise referred to on this Site and/or any Third Party Site. Never disregard the medical advice of your physician or health professional, or delay in seeking such advice, because of something you read on this Site. We offer this Site AS IS and without any warranties. By using this Site you agree to the following Terms and Conditions. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your physician or 911 immediately.