Sleep Scare
Hello ,
I was just taking a quick nap next to my boyfriend and I forgot he was with me so when i moved my arm i felt someone next to me and jumped out of bed screaming looking for the light switch. When i turned it on he was running towards me and i kept screaming then i finally snapped out of it. He says i was screaming and asking him who he was. I was so scared of sleeping again and so was he. This is the second time that it happened the first time i was by myself and got over it quickly. What happened to me that i was confused and i did not recognize him. Should I be concered?
Hello and hope you are doing well.

These occasional occurrences are normal, so please don't worry. In the initial phases of the sleep cycle and while awakening, we tend to be more conscious or alert. If we study the brain waves at these phases they tend to show the alert wave pattern, this could cause the awareness. If it is not interfering with your sleep schedules you don't have to worry. If it persists or is troublesome consult your doctor for assessment.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.