Small vessel disease change
What is small vessel disease change (in the deep white matter of each hemisphere) and are there measures, activities, or medications to improve this condition?
Juan41

Thanks for writing in.
Small vessel disease is usually seen in old age due to blockade of cerebral blood vessels resulting in small areas of brain damage.
This can result in stroke or a mini stroke or TIA (transient ischemic attack). The symptoms depend upon the part of the brain involved.
The blockade occurs due to shrinking of small blood vessels due to old age or due to blockade of arteries due to fatty deposits in the wall of the arteries.
It is important that you make sure the BP and blood cholesterol are in normal range, body weight is under control, complete abstinence from smoking, regulation of alcohol intake. Regular physical and mental exercises will also help. Low dose aspirin also helps.

Thanks for that information. We're doing all you suggest and just hope for the best! Juan41
My recent CT scan stated: Periventricular low attenuations involving the bihemispheric white matter region as well as basal ganglia suggestive of small vessel ischemic changes.

What does all this mean?  I am 76 yrs old female