Neurology Expert Forum
Small vessel disease
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Fibromyalgia, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Small vessel disease

After complaining about big time memory loss, both short term and long term, and dizziness, my gp ordered an MRI with and without contrast.  His nurse called me with the results to say that there were no masses, no atrophy, no sign of stroke (which is in my family big time) but there was evidence of small vessel disease.  My Doctor did not note that he needed to see me.  I am very frustrated.  I did make an appointment to see him, (first appointment I could get was at the end of the month).  Should I be concerned?  I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes about 4 years ago but have it in very good control.  My last 3 A1Cs have been around 5.6-5.8.  I take hyzaar for my blood pressure which was 122/70 last time.  I am confused.  Should I be worried?