Neurology Community
Someone Please Help!! In Need Of A Doctors Opinion!I

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, Multiple Sclerosis, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Is There a image test that can show the nerves in the head? For the past couple years Ive had a problem were i have this pressure feeling in my skull and i get a sharp pain in my head whenever i make hard physical contact with something. For example if im driving and hit a bump in the road i feel the pain in my head. The pain also shows when i punch a punching bag or make a tackle during a football game. My Neurologist said it can be caused by a nerve being pinched by a muscle. I had an mri and a ct scan that showed everything was normal. Is there a test were i can find out if there is infact a nerve being pinched. And i know my MRI and ct scan came back normal but is there a chance that the pressure of my cerebral fluid is to high causing these pains and pressure?
Not a doc but , only cos I've been told, mri shows everything. Don't worry about cerebal fluid. Shows up loud and clear on the scan. Your neuro sounds logical. Next question- to him - can you please check it out and if it is what can you do about it? are there any meds Ican take? Not good practise to tell you whatever and then leave you floating. It's your pain, not his, he probably costs a fortune so get back here and get him to do a bit more work for his money! Good luck and take care.
Avatar dr f tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

The nerve pinching can occur at the cervical level. You may be having a nerve compression at the cervical (neck) level. The nerve compression could be due to an osteophyte, growth or a disc. This could be causing the pain on movement. This is usually treated conservatively (without surgery) with physiotherapy, traction and cervical collars. Please discuss this with your doctor am sure he will provide further assistance.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.