Someone please tell me what might be happening to me.
I am a 21 year old male and for over a month now I have had strong tingling in my feet accompanied by muscle spasms and a single big twitch that jumps from one place on my body to another. It feels like the muscles in my feet and calves will not fully relax and I feel like I need to constantly move or fidget. I don't feel the tingling if I am moving or fidgeting around and sometimes when sitting or laying completely still it almost feels like my body is "vibrating" (for lack of a better word). Yesterday when I woke up I had a twitch in my left pinky finger and palm. I don't know if this is bad nerves or a sign of worse things to come such as parkinsons or something of the sort. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated. I have been having non-stop panic attacks out of fear of whats wrong with me please someone
Hi there. Your symptoms of tingling feet, muscle spasms and twitches, fatigued muscles vibration sensation need thorough investigation since they could be a pointer for a chronic syndrome. Consult a neurologist who would rule out degenerative disc disease by a clinical examination and an MRI spine. . A strong degree of suspicion needs to be kept for multiple sclerosis. Multiple sclerosis is a chronic demyelinating neurological disorder where the disease phase is characterized by active phase and remissions. It has multiple symptoms and signs and is a diagnosis of exclusion. The symptoms of multiple sclerosis are loss of balance, muscle spasms, numbness in any area, problems with walking and coordination, tremors in one or more arms and legs. Bowel and bladder symptoms include frequency of micturition, urine leakage, eye symptoms like double vision uncontrollable rapid eye movements, facial pain, painful muscle spasms, tingling, burning in arms or legs, depression, dizziness, hearing loss, fatigue etc. You have many of these symptoms. The treatment is essentially limited to symptomatic therapy so the course of action would not change much whether MS has been diagnosed or not. Apart from clinical neurological examination, MRI shows MS as paler areas of demyelination, two different episodes of demyelination separated by one month in at least two different brain locations. Spinal tap is done and CSF electrophoresis reveals oligoclonal bands suggestive of immune activity, which is suggestive but not diagnostic of MS. Demyelinating neurons, transmit nerve signals slower than non-demyelinated ones and can be detected with EP tests. These are visual evoked potentials, brain stem auditory evoked response, and somatosensory evoked potential. Slower nerve responses in any one of these is not confirmatory of MS but can be used to complement diagnosis along with a neurological examination, medical history and an MRI and a spinal tap. Take care.
Thank you so much for your advice and taking the time to respond to my post. I've been extremely worried about the tingling and spasms for quite some time now. I will be sure to follow through with what you have told me. Thank you and God bless .