Neurology Expert Forum
Sore bones, stiff neck, sore throat, dizzyness

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Fibromyalgia, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

For the past 3 days I've been feeling dizzy, toay it's not so bad as first day but still. I've been very tired and my body, the bones feel sore. My neck hurts to move it too much and sometimes when I move I get these blackouts from the pain that I get in my head when I move. I have a sore throat but it's not too bad, my nose is clear and everything is clear I just have pain and soreness, really. I've also been having hot flashes and chest pain. I really have no idea, and i haven't gone to the doctor yet, I'm just hoping it will go away.
Avatar_dr_m_tn
Thanks for using the forum. I am happy to address your questions, and my answer will be based on the information you provided here. Please make sure you recognize that this forum is for educational purposes only, and it does not substitute for a formal office visit with a doctor.

Without the ability to examine and obtain a history, I can not tell you what the exact cause of the symptoms is. However I will try to provide you with some useful information.

I am not sure what you mean by the term dizziness. When some people use the term dizziness, they often mean vertigo, or room-spinning. Others mean a light-headed, whoozy feeling.

If by dizziness you mean vertigo (room-spinning), the causes could be either the inner ear or the brain. Inner ear causes of vertigo most commonly include benign positional vertigo (BPPV), which is due to small particle in the inner ear that moves out of place, and can be repositioned with simple head maneuvers. The symptoms often include vertigo that occurs with turning of the head, often while turning over in bed. Another cause, if your symptoms are associated with tinnitus (ear ringing) and hearing loss is called Meniere’s disease and can be treated with medications and sometimes surgery. And so on, several other causes from inner ear problems exist.

Vertigo can also be due to problems in the brain. The most common is a benign tumor called a schwanoma (also called acoustic neuroma). This is diagnosed by MRI of the brain. Multiple sclerosis can cause vertigo, but often, other symptoms are present as well. A normal MRI of the brain excludes multiple sclerosis. Thyroid problems and migraine variants can also lead to vertigo.

If by dizziness you mean light-headedness, causes could include low blood pressure such as due to dehydration or autonomic dysfunction, cardiac problems, and several other non-neurologic causes. Anemia can cause light-headedness as well.

Another cause of dizziness (and whole body pains), can be related to emotional/psychiatric problems related to stress or anxiety. These are true medical conditions whereby instead of a patient experiencing depression or anxiety, they experience physical symptoms, and once the stress is addressed, the symptoms resolve. Fibromyalagia is another medical condition that leads to whole body pains, and is best treated with medications such as lyrica and neurontin, exercise, and physical therapy.

You should discuss your symptoms with your primary physician. As you can tell, more information is needed. A more detailed history will determine the management/treatment.

Thank you for this opportunity to answer your questions, I hope you find the information I have provided useful, good luck.

you could have mra of head and neck and a tilt table to see if you have low blood pressure attacks. also a mra with contrast could show if you have vascular loop in ear causes dizziness. i do mean mra not mri