Neurology Expert Forum
Sore spots on top of head or scalp?

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Fibromyalgia, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Sore spots on top of head or scalp?

I started PT Monday and the therapist at the end said she was going to do some feeling around on my scalp.  I told her that was really interesting as I had just been thinking about telling my Neuro next time about sore spots that seem to form on the top of my head after fatigue, etc.  She said there are alot of different spots that can be related even in the foot and toes but implied this was more Osteopathic beliefs currently.
  (I was not surprised for the therapist to say she could not find any spots that would indicate a disc problem but that she would try to find out why my entire right side was so tight. I posted something recently but never got a reply?)
  What do you all know about what my therapist was saying?  Have you had other MS patients comment about sore spots on their scalps?  I posted something on the Harvard MS forum and have received quite a few responses saying that they have these sore spots also but had never brought it up to their Dr.s.  By the way I feel like a mack truck ran over me after this one visit and what she did was so suttle I can't believe the affects!
=======
yes you are correct about sore spot on scalp and other area in the body in MS patiens. I am not sure what the mechanism is but at least two patients have mentioned them to me. One quit wearing hat because of that.
The soreness in your back and the tightening of muscle on the right side
may be just tension or spasm. As you know, MS patients get a lot of spasm.
You may want to try some muscle relaxants or Baclofen (antispasitcity agent). Physical therapy certainly works and if it works for you,
please continue it.
Good luck

A related discussion, head and facial sensations was started.