Spasms in head????
I wrote yesterday about headahces. Today, I'm not experiancing any, BUT I'm having constant weird sensations in my head, my like muscles are spasing in my head. I dunno what they are. Has anyone else had these? Is it a responce to aprin or something? They dont hurt...they just feel weird and are annoying. Is this something serious?
Rarely I get those, but I do. These feel more like movements and spasms/twitches.
Okay, this sounds strange but does it feel like your head is bigger than it actually is (like a blown-up balloon) and your scalp is moving in waves?  I know this sounds weird but this is the sensation I get right before I get one of my crushing migraines.
Only when I feel a lot of pressure on my forhead. But these spams/twitches dont hurt. They're just little ticks throughout my head.
This is too weird all these are symptoms of mercury on the brain. So many people on this site have symptoms of mercury toxicity. I too had all those symptoms, it reached to the point where I could no longer keep my head up.  Please check your mouths if you have silver fillings there is your answer.  I have removed the silver fillings 3 big ones and going through chelation treatment to remove the mercury from my brain.  I was in a wheelchair for almost 4 years and unable to speak due to piosoning from mercury from silver fillings. With removal of the fillings and chelation I am now out of the wheelcahir and able to speak again. Google"Dental Amalgam Mercury syndrome" if you have silver fillings.
Good luck.
i feel those weird spasms too...i've been experiencing them for about a month now and i have no idea what it could be..my doctor told me i have tension headaches but i'm still not sure..he didnt run any tests on me or anything..i'm really worried..i've read many things about these spasms and most of the things i've read say that it could be from stess..but i never feel stressed..i mean, i'm only 18..what kind of stress could it possibly mean??anyways..any advice would be nice:)
i had those spasms in the back of my head. it was because i put my head in an awkard position. it went away after 3-4 weeks.
I have been experiencing what I can only describe as an electrical shock in my head. At first It only happened while falling to sleep, now it's happening more frequently. I do not have headaches. Another way I can try to describe it it's as though something burst.
A couple of years ago, I has some stress related problems and had tremendous pulls-spasms-wormlike-horrible painful creepy crawley feelings in my head...My Doctor sent me for MRI/MRA, this showed a possible aneurysm and led to me having even more horrific spasms...Ended up thinking I was having a heart attack, went to ER where tests for my heart were fine, but film of my heart showed spots on lung....Went to lung doctor, CT scan confirmed spots on lung..led to even more head spasms, hair even hurt.....Could not even go to grocery store without having a panic attack....Dealt with Doctors/Appointments/tests/pain for about 8 months....In the meantime went to routind dental appt.... when he asked how I had been, boy did I have a story...I mentioned the never ending head spasms/worm pulls/squirrells/pain and how even my hair hurt.....He asked if I grinded my teeth, I said I didn't know, well he made me a temporary mouth guard to see if that helped...I went home thinking that with all the doctors/test/medication I had had, that it would be impossible for something so simple to help,,I wore it anyway that night and the next morning to my total amazement THE SPASMS WERE ALMOST NON EXISTENT!!!!..I was so thrilled, I called my dentist and thanked him for the first good night sleep I had had in months....When I told my doctor of this , it was like he almost blew it off, it was such a common sense fix (stress and more stress causing teeth to grind, hence nerves in the head going crazy and overworked causing all those horrible spasms)..that I do not think he wanted to realize that he had and the other doctors I had seen had missed the obvious!!!!  As to the possible aneurysm, the follow-up (1 year later) tests could not even find it.....As to the spots on lung, the follow-up scan showed the spots were getting smaller and nothing to really worry about........I do not know if this will help you, but I hope it helps someone, even if you just try the mouth guard sold at some stores...Good luck!!!!!
Im 22 years old and im experiencing head spasms or possible neck spasms, I really cant tell.  I have pressure in my head and then my head ticks.  Its been doing this for about 4 days and is not going away.  Did your spasms end up going away or do you still have them?  Im kind of nervous and dont know what to do.  Any advice would be very helpful.  
I really don't know how or where to begin. I am shattered.
You're dentist asked you: do you grind you're teeth??????? And he smiled????
Popcorn, tell me, how many amalgam-fillings do you have?
Do you kwow what amalgam is, Popcorn? Do you know what the contents are in amalgam?
Amalgam consitst 50% mercury, pure mercury. What do you know about mercury?
I know, that mercury is the second most poisening material on earth after plutonium. Even arsenicum is not even as poisenes as mercury!!!
You're dentist smiled? He knew right away what was going on in you're body.
The mercury in you're body, in you're brain, are caused by mercury-intocication!!!!
The amalgam-fillings in you're teeth are vaporazing when you chew, drinking hot or cold drinks and grinding. You breath and swallow this in and it spreads trough you're body. You're kidney's , the liver, the bones and the brain.
You're dentist did'ne remove you're amalgam-fillings ? But he know's whats going on.
Again: Amalgam consitst 50% pure mercury in every filling.
Now, are we going to discus wether mercury is poison?
No, I don't think so, we all know that.
That is what's in you're mouth, Popcorn.
You'll be better for a short time, but I promise you, the spasms will come back.
For the dentist it's amalgam is a very cheep and quick material to use.
Other filling-materials need much more time and skills. Skills most dentits don't have.
Popcorn, search the internet and find out about amalgam.
You're dentist was smiling, he knew exactly what was going wrong.
how many amalgam-fillings do you have?
And since when?
Yes I get those spasms in the left side of my head too.Sometimes numbness in my face..I also get spasms and weird feeling of numbness in my left leg and sometimes in my left arm..It appears durring stressfull times but not always..Sometimes, it just starts for no reason. I had a head injury in a car accident 15 years ago. I wonder if it could be the cause? These things freak me out...

Anna
I am 20 years old and have also started suffering from these brain spasms. They started as irregular occurances, perhaps a spell of it once per day(usually sleepin). This was a week ago. As the week progressed these got more frequent. I've woke up today and they are still there and have been constant all day. Im so worried, I dont know what is wrong with me, my girlfriend tells me I dont grind my teeth in my sleep? Altho could it be something less noticeable? They cause me to get a bit panicy because I sometimes think about it a lot and worry that something extremely dangerous is happening to my brain. Please can someone put my mind at rest. I really am worried sick!
I have psychosis and oi smoked lots of weed,,thats where i got my spasms from,,it s like trickling,trembling in the temples,,It s like something is crawling under the skin, they never go away,,they r stress related
i am 29 yrs old, and had a few bad head injuries, most recently in 2006, n sept of 2009 i contracted a "generic" viral infection, symptoms of menengitius but the spinal tap came back negative for meng, anyway, i am stilll suffering from the weird head spasms that started with the viral infection, it feels like my brain rearranges itself in my head, split second, spasm, i have had THE MOST EXTENSIVE workup ever, EEG EKG MRI MRA TEE Evoked potential, the list goes on.......and my neurologist cant find anything....please help, the best i can explain my symptom is just a spasm, my head feels foggy, i get them sometimes once a day, sometimes 50 times a day, feels like u are up at a high elevation, plug your nose and blow ta clear your ears kinda, just a weird disorienting feeling, worse and more frequent when dehydrated and stressed i know i cant b the only person going thru this! anyone?
Hi, I get the electrical zap through my brain and my body. I know this may sound crazy but, go to www.captainslady.com, however I knew this was something more spirtual the health problems. I have had that electrical zap for years. to everyone getting the spasms  in your head I started getting those when I moved into this house built in 1887, I believe it to be allergies do to molds, also remember cats, etc hive you allegies and do bad things to you. I am moving out because of the illness of molds here, it can kill you.
I've had these, too.  Three times now in my life.  Just had another big one tonight which is what led me to Google "Head Spasms."  The wormlike / squirrel / electric sensation that some have described is exactly what I have.  Mine are just above the base of my neck INSIDE my head.  It feels like they're somewhere in the middle of my head.  The last time that they happened (which was the second time I experienced them), I was at an event with my husband. Three of our friends were there who are all Harvard-trained physicians.  I thought I was having a seizure.  They said I was having muscle spasms in my head.  To me, they didn't feel like your typical muscle spasm, like the one that would occur in your leg or eye.  It was like an electrical jolt of some sort.  And they kept coming.  30 seconds to a minute apart.  They would make my whole head twitch.  The best way I have found to describe it is like the back of my neck / head was a kinked hose.  The same feeling you feel when you hold a hose, kink it, and then let a tiny bit of water through is what I felt in my head.  It's only happened 3 times, but I've been plagued by other weird head / heart sensations in the past.  I have had NUMEROUS tests: MRI / CT / EKG / EEG / Stress Echo / About 3 heart Echos...you name it.  Nothing was found. A specialist at UCLA concluded that I was having Basilar Migraines, that what I experience is a Migraine Aura.  But even that doesn't seem like a concrete answer.  Seems more like a shot in the dark.  So I'm perplexed.  And freaked out every single time this happens. I just wish there was an exact explanation for what I experience.  Because when it happens, I am scared beyond belief.  It would be great if a neurologist could pipe in here.  
Im a 40 year old female an i been having real bad headaches/spasms for about 2 years now. I get that same weird feeling that im reading from all of you on here. Im getting to the point i jus can't take it! I also get tightness in my throat. My spasms come more often when im driving they throws me into a panic attack. At that moment i feel like i wanna just go lay down. I was dating a guy 2yrs ago an was'nt having these problems. He died in a car wreck alone with 3 others. I went to the scene of the accident it was horrible. I somtimes wonder did that trigger all of this. I DON'T KNOW! Yes i've heard it all. I was told i had clusters/TMJ/grinding etc .ALL the numorous test lovesdaisies had gotten i've had. I was even checked for lupus...... Same ol same ol.....IM SOOOOO TIRED OF DEALING WITH THIS! WHAT IS IT? WHAT IS CAUSEING THIS? My next step is to check into Basilar migrains. Im begging an crying out for a miracle.
After the specialist concluded you were having basilar migrains what did he/she give you to help reduce the migrains/spasams?
heythere :)
i was curious hows ur update with the  head  feeling going ?
my syptoms r in 1 side of the head this weird feeling that  moves  from the ear to the eye to the head  but also  dizzyness with  with odd feeling  
it all started 20 days ago after i dislocated my shoulder   they gave me madaslim and morphine in a drip and  shoved my arm back in  that night i came home watched sienfield wrote for abit then went to bed
next morning woke up with fluttering in my chest and the room was all weird and i was dizzy
the dr said its normal just nervs and the meds gave me something for the dizzyness  now the dizzyness has kinda faded but its still there  2 other drs said no this shouldnt of effected my head at all...  they did physical tests also alot of blood tests
i am waiting at the latest about my b 12 and folate acid .. also my postasium is low  and my red cels r enlarged ( ? oragan disease or  something maybe... wich scares me is the 2 weeks b 4 it i started eating healthy and exercised then got  this pain in the left upper abdomin still waiting  til the 2nd of next month for ultra sound ) sometimes i feel like im gonna pass out  
ive spewed up 2 times  and had ..........5  nose bleeds since it hapaned
ive been working on reliefs and stuff for it if u wanna know any or share any  
i see my dr in a few days and we r gonna work on blood circulation and wat may be the cause of  bacteria lime disease or  parasites in the blood  .. i have been around the bush area working lately
wat im fearing is finding out i got likemia and ill have to tell my family ( i havent yet cause i dont want them to freak out and panic )im also talking to a ladie about  her progresss in the  neck nervs and how  therapy can treat it !!! wich sounds good :)
chat soon :)
hey any updates with ur  dizzyness ?????
plz help me :(  
its day 21 after i dislocated my shoulder   it happaned the morning after with a fluttering  feeling
iduno if im gonna die or not
the dr said my  red cels r  enlarged............
anyway if u got any updates or want any relief tips
ill chat to u later
has anyone got their spine checked for arthrtis  crushing a nerve ????
about a week ago i got a huge pain on the back of my head. Any little  movement I made with my body would create a huge spasm, something I had never felt ever before. I do not suffer from migraines and I went to the ER and all they could say was it was a head spasm due to a sleeping position or stress related. I can honestly say it is stress but I am worried that they did not run any xrays any further tests especially since the pain is in the back part of my head and would shoot a painful sensation up. They gave me medicine but that only numbs it. Im currently doing ok but I am getting headaches now and still feel some soreness on my head were the spasm would be.
I'm a 24 y/o male, and I'm experiencing the same problem for more than a year. My problem started June of last year (2010). It started after I took an antibiotic without having an infection. First, for one whole month, I would feel spasms on my left temporal artery, especially when standing up from sitting or lying position. I knew it was the temporal artery because when I placed my fingers there I could feel the heart beat. Then I started to have pressure on that spot. Went to a neuro and I gave a brain MRI scan that came out normal thank God. I also gave ultrasound (color doppler) of the arteries going into the neck, and the neuro diagnosed me with vertebrobasilar insufficiency. He told me to take gingko biloba for thinning blood but I never took it. My head pressure and spasms became worse and I had other neurological symptoms to like numbness in the little finger of my left hand. I would also get sudden tinnitus for about 2-3 seconds in one of the ears. I would also now get vertigo sometimes, especially when stretching my head forwards.

These symptoms remained for about three weeks (after one month of spams), then they were gone! The head pressure on my left temporal artery was completely gone. I would only occasionally get spasms. The numbness had also gone. The artery has now become stiff and expanded. It is more raised than the right temporal artery.

Until now, I still occasionally have spasms on the artery but now they occur at the base of the artery (near the ear), and they are associated with movement. I still get tinnitus in one of the years. At this time around I was diagnosed with Gilbert's Syndrome (not related).

Eight months ago I also developed something strange. If I keep one hand down and the other one raised up, the lowered hand becomes mottled pink and white while the raised hands becomes very white. Also, if I work with my both hands raised overhead I get dizziness and nausea.

Anyway, last month I went to another neuro who ordered brain MRI and MRA scan (without contrast). That came out normal. But he prescribed Sibelium to me, which is for treating basilar migranes. But since I've never had headaches I never took it. I went to yet another neuro who ordered a ABR (Auditory brainstem response) for tinnitus, but that came out normal too. I also gave vitamin B-12, vitamin D, and thyroid tests--all came out normal except for vitamin D which was low. He said there was nothing wrong with me and he prescribed Cipralex for anxiety!! I never took it.

Speaking of Cipralex, two years ago I suffered from panic attacks for which I took Paxil for 6 months. This is why I want to ask all of you: Had there been any stressful period in your lives before your problem started? Could it really be related to stress?

It has been only one year with this disease and I'm looking for answers. I tell you all that these spams could be in the arteries or veins in the head. There are no muscles in the head. As I said my spams have gone but now I only sometimes feel them when walking and turning my head. I still sometimes have sudden tinnitus in one of the ears for 2-3 seconds (lessens gradually).

Has anyone thought of blood related disorders, such as antiphospholipid antibodies syndrome (Hughes syndrome)? Please keep this thread updated with doctor visits, test results, etc. At this thread to your watch list.

I also posted all this here:

http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Neurology/HEAD-PRESSURE/show/496650
i understand i have those ,  well not as often as i did .but they were about to drive me crazy..doctors done test.i had to ware this stupied cone on my head for 24 hours ,i look like a cone head but, he said it  was brain spasms i take xanax to come them down .still dont know why i have them.or why it happens .really wish i did ..does anyone know
i understand i have those ,  well not as often as i did .but they were about to drive me crazy..doctors done test.i had to ware this stupied cone on my head for 24 hours ,i look like a cone head but, he said it  was brain spaum i take xanax to come them down .still dont know why i have them.or why it happens .
Same symptoms here. My next step was to get tested for lupus, or another autoimmune-type disease. Doesn't help that I have a bad case of TMJ and grind my teeth while I sleep. I went to two different dentists. Both told me they would not remove the fillings because it could compromise the surrounding teeth that is healthy. I'm at my wit's end. I am suffering from so many symptoms... Real, concerning illnesses with no explanation.
I have been suffering from these spasems for nearly one year.two years ago i have been diognised with anxiety disorder and during this time i had not suffer from the spasems but after 8 months they beging to appear as first in left side of my neck and now spread to whole my neck and now i can not sit infront of the computer for more than 5 minits ,the situation gets worest.I did eye test and they told me you have eye strain and should get glasses.when i wore the glasses in first day i felt completely healthy and the spasems all gone but unfortionatly for the first day onely and the spasems starts to come again.

please any body have the same symptoms and recoverd
   I am 45 years old and I have never had these spasms I was feeling today,yes,it scared me,so I went to the E.R and they did blood work and even a CT scan,and it showed nothing,I have no idea what is causeing this,I do tho have dental issues that I will be talking to my dentist,not to mention,I have had these spasms in my eye also,so I am also planning to follow up with an eye doctor.The ER doctor didn't say what could cause this,but said she doesn't feel as though I am in any threat of an anurism(dont know how to spell it,lol) but it is indeed scarry.so if anyone has any advise I will surely take it.I just pray that its not anything serious and that it will go away.
Hello everyone I am 38 and I been dealing with this spasms in my head.I havent had any doctors check me for that but I notice something and dont take my word on this Like I said I am not a doctor but I notice when I wear a cap and when my wife gives me a massage or even by pulling your hair lightly in different parts of your head .This things help me feel better .but if anyone has a better remedy beside going to the doctor .Please let me know
Its scaring me to see all of these comments and how long everyone has dealt with this pain. I have been been to numerous doctors and the E.R racking up hundres of dollars trying to figure out why i have been so sick for the past 3 months. out of no where i felt like i got hit in the back of the head with a bat. It felt as if my brain was swelling and my ears were filled with water. I am constantly holding the back of my head and could fill lumps that were soooo painful. When i stand im dizzy. when i talk, i notice my words get mixed up & i lose my train of thought or what im trying to say. I never have had problems with my eyes by to release the pressure in the back of my head i am always having to squint. My driving has gotten worse. I have just turned 26 and i drive like im 80 now. I feel like i have vertigo because of this head condition. i had a EKG done, because my left hand and left leg is always tingly now and feel like its asleep. they found nothing. they did a CT scan. Found nothing. And just did a MRI of the brain and of the spinal chord to test for nerve damage, slipt disks, MS and found nothing. So yesterday i asked the Neurologist. "what explains these lumps on my head and my neck?? the other doctor said my head just lumpy.. and thats NOT it.. why am i in so much pain? i have 2 kids. and can barley function at work" he did a few tests and felt around my neck. "wow.... you have really bad neck spasms."  so a few feel of the fingers on my head and he diagnosed me? other then that i have a migraine condition that makes me feel that im having a stroke. which is why my left side goes numb. But i dont know what else to do. He wants me to take an hour of my day to work out. or de-stress. but with my life, i dont know where i can fit that in... did any one get put on meds. or have surgery? or does anyone feel better after any type of treatment? this is a HORRIBLE feeling and a HORRIBLE way to have to live? im always holding the back of my head. and always in tears because of the pain...
OMG.  Back this with some real, science-based studies before you go spreading your 'genius.'
And don't infer why someone-dentist or other-smiles when you have no frickin' IDEA.
Isn't it great that you can find forums like this to scare people with your baseless information?
I'm experiencing exactly this and have been trying to work out what it is for a while. I currently think it's the ridiculous level of over-illumination in my office. Do you work in an area lit by florescent lights? Most offices are crammed full of them despite the wealth of research indicating just how unhealthy they are.
I was having these brain spasms as well.  They started to get worse were i would have them at least once or twice a day.  They don't last long but if they did they would feel like a seisure was coming on and then they disappear.  I was dieting at the time and eating alot of 'Splenda".  I was also experiencing severe insomonia.  So I decided to cut everything but natural food out of my diet and found that the brain spasms went away.  So for me I think it is artificial sweetners that are messing up my brain.  Try removing these from your diet and see if your symptons dissappear.
I have the same eletrical shock that wakes me from sleep whicj is really scary. I was seeing a dr who prescribed Paxil and that keeps it from happening. Now my dr has retired and cannot find any dr who will see me w/o insurance. So hope you have insurance and go see a psychiatrist to get treated
I have just experienced what you are talking about for the last 4 days. I have had this happen on several occasions and have no idea what it is. It scares me but I notice it usually happens in moments of high stress or worry. I have never gone for tests as I am afraid it may be serious and I don't want to face it.
I have these strange feeling in my head, don't know if I would call them spasms.  I usually have them under alot of stress and lack of sleep.  the feeling comes in waves, like when you hit your elbow or "funny bone".  It doesn't hurt but it concerns me since my Aunt died of ALS and my sister has MS.  

I am 27 years old and I am having these spasms till I am 21.... It started after i had a nervous brake down, because of a love story. Anyway at the beginning it was . now i am having almost every day these spasms mostly on top of my eyes and sometimes around the years and most of the time it feels as if I have something tight around my head. Doctors have no clue till now.... and I feel like a living dead.
Any suggestion is mostly appreciated!
Yesterday. I experience an unusual feeling in the left lower potion of my head. It felt as though that portion of my head went to sleep.the way you leg ; foot or arm has that numbing ; no blood flow feeling accursed.it last a few seconds and wet away.  Still a bit of balking feeling in that area. I also suffer from migrains. Iv felt all sorts of head pain. That asllep feeling in my head never. It leteraly felt dead asllep like.
I have have the same symptoms and was given the exact same drugs and told the exact same things by my neurologist. Have you made any progress or had an accurate diagnosis?
I am 32 years old and i am a male.
I have been having these same brain spasms for about 5 years. been going to the dr and have had numerous ct scans, MRI, EEG, blood tests and nothing has shown up. Along with the Spasms i also have almost constant dizziness/ light headedness. I have been put on anti-seizure meds and it only seems to make it worse. I have had times also of loosing track of where i am. Alot of loss of train of thought. On top of all that I also have spasms in my lower back on my spine as well. On very rare occasions i have also had a shock sensation go from the base of my spine all the way up to my brain.
All of this started one day under extreme stress and i actually lost complete control of my left leg. It was moving on its own. Just like how a horse paws at the ground that's what my leg was doing. After alot of pure will it finally stopped after about 10 minutes. my leg wouldnt work right for the next 4 days. Ever since i have had spouts of what i can only describe as a kink in the spine in my lower back causing my left leg to not work properly. The brain spasms started just 3 years ago. usually in times of stress or lack of sleep but also just out of the blue as well. It has caused me not to be able to work since 2010. All these symptoms combined are crippling me and i cant do anything hardly anymore.
I do have one filling. No i don't grind my teeth at night. I do have spouts of insomnia as well. also i get numbness in my left leg and sometimes also in my left arm. the spasms I have found are usually deep in the middle of my brain up to the top of the brain.
I think that this needs to be alot more widely researched rather then being blown off as something its not just because they cant figure out what it is.
I get these too, almost feels like lighting. Last week I had a big one in my head that I am worried may have been a TIA (mini stroke) as it felt more like pressure than a release and then I got vertigo and felt dizzy. Lasted about 10 minutes and I have big time anxiety ever since. I have a Doctor appointment tomorrow about it.
Here is an update of my condition:

Since March 2012, I have developed a new symptom. Mostly when I straighten up after bending to pick something up or when getting up suddenly after sitting or lying down for a long time, I have this strange dizziness which is different from vertigo in that there is no feeling of the room spinning around you. It feels as if I'm being "pulled down" from the left side (always the left side), and if I try to walk when I'm having such dizziness, I lose my balance and fall down to the left side. I have this feeling even when I'm sitting down. The only thing that helps is to lie down for some time. Once it was so severe that even when I was holding the sides of the door frame firmly, I fell down towards my left side. Such episodes last for a few seconds only, and they are not accompanied by vertigo, nausea, lightheadedness, or any vision changes. Finally, they are worst when I feel sleepy.

On April 2013, I saw two different neurologists.

The first one diagnosed me with labyrinthitis and prescribed a drug called Betaserc which I took for one month, after which the episodes became considerably less in number and severity. When I told him that I feared these episodes might be TIAs, he  said they could not be TIAs as they cause temporary paralysis on one side of the body.

The second neuro (who didn't know I had already been seen by one) prescribed Nootropil, though I didn't take it as I was taking Betaserc at that time. He also ruled out TIAs.

For now, I am sticking with the diagnosis of labyrinthitis, though I'm not 100% sure on this since I'm not having vertigo or nausea, nor does it explain why I had head pressure and pulsating temporal artery before.

But I'm beginning to believe that I suffer from Ehlers-Danlos syndrome, because I hear cracking/popping of joints, have clicking sound in my throat when swallowing, what I believe to be mild subluxations in shoulders and leg joint at hip, bleeding in gums whenever I brush my teeth, crowded teeth, and my sister and her child have mild form of hypermobility (though I don't). I also have symptoms of thoracic outlet syndrome. Perhaps there is some impingement of nerves which is causing my dizziness episode and symptoms of thoracic outlet syndrome.

As long as it is not TIAs, then I don't think it is much to worry about as long as it is not so debilitating.
My symptoms started with headaches that moved from the back of my neck to my temples.  With a 6 week backlog at the neurology clinic, I self diagnosed "chronic tension related headaches"and sought relief from chiropractic and massage therapy with fairly good results.  During this time I experienced spasms in my upper back and then my head.  Feeling some anxiety, I asked my family physician to prescribe Amitriptyline, a mild antidepressant commonly used for this condition (started with 12 1/2 mg/d, increased to 25 mg/d, half in the am, half at bedtime).  I also added a fairly rigorous multi-vitamin regiment.  The spasms (and headaches) disappeared.  More recently, I did consult with a neurologist, who, at my request, presccribed a mild muscle relaxant.  So far, so good to the point that I am beginning to wean myself off the Amitriptyline.
I have been having these tiny little spasms in my head also, but I remember having them also when I was younger and on a drug called Buspar for my anxiety. I was in my early 20s then and I stopped taking them because of this side effect, but now I am 40 and it's back....Could it be the same thing? It's the same exact sensation as before. I don't like how this feels. I had an aunt who had seizures, maybe it's hereditary?
Someone help.....
I get like little twinging feelings in my head and sort of a weird swish swish swish sound, doesn't really hurt, although i do have a dull headache...does anyone else get the "swish swish swish" sound?
google  "exploding head syndrome" I have had three episodes. All while drifting off to sleep. They still are not sure what it is or the cause.
Hi, did you find out what the problem was?????
I feel the same thing often it is causing me terrible anxiety,not sure if that is my reason. thanks for posting.
I have the same feeling. It only lasts a few seconds. I don't get a headache but I'm aware of it. I feel it on the left side. It's like it contracts or something like that.
There are definitely muscles on and covering your entire head and scalp.(think about the muscles used to pull your eyebrows up, they don't end at your face) I have been researching this as I have too been experiencing the weird tingling numbness creepy crawly sensation and came across peripheral neuropathy which may explain some peoples symptoms, I suggest people google it and see if it fits their symptoms
I have been dealing with this problem for about 10 years
this is what helps me.
The number one thing that helps me is very freshly made kale juice
takeing a shower or going swimming for temporary relief.
Jogging/running helps me also but  i am carefull not to overdo it.
Reading to strengthen the mind.
I belive the cause for my head spasms is completely hormonal
in fact when i was feeling my worst the blood test had shown my estrogen was off the chart
and my testosterone very little.
a year later feeling much better i had a blood test again this time testosterone was very high estrogen very little.
Some things people will tell you to try
calcium potassium magnesium b vitamins fish oils with omegas
I try to avoid alcohol nicotene especialy caffine or any other stimulant
to much sugar  and fast food.
i use medical marijuana a tiny tiny amount and not every day
the point is to use just a little to reduce the annoying feeling in my head
so that at least for one moment out of the week my constant thought isnt
"omg my brain feels like is crawling"
to much marijuana is realy bad though and will put me in realy very  bad shape
sorry for my spelling and lack of organization
im so sorry for anyone experianceing this
dont give into despair and wait out the storm
and grace will come as always

p.s

do some heavy research on the cons and pros of prescription medication seriously please
do this prior to takeing them please please for the love of god
read up

This sounds similar to what's been happening to me. Mine are reacting in 3 ways:
1 - Full spasms of random body parts with no build up - might be neck, arm, leg, etc (sort of like a leg jerk when you are falling asleep)
2 - A "build up" feeling sort of like I feel static building up in my head and nervous system (usually a couple of seconds) leading to a spasm of external muscles
3 - a "brain spasm" that feels like the muscle spasms but only seems to happen internally in my head/nervous system sometimes feels like a mild electric shock

While they feel like a jolt or a shock there is no pain, no "noises" or "lights" like Brain Explosion Syndrome people have.

Sometimes is makes my muscle in the area week which worries me when I am running or carrying things or driving.

This is the 3rd time I have had these. They start, become more frequent, hang around a few weeks and then disappear. The frequency and spacing of them is always random they could be hours apart or minutes. However it seems to increase in frequency/intensity later in the day.

I have been on other medications which seem to have no impact so far. Diet, exercise, sleep, or other changes seem to have no effect. I have had blood panels, MRIs, EEGs, so far nothing has been diagnosed. It is eerie, disturbing, and unpleasant.
Hi trypt,,,i have the same feeling wid regards to head spasm wid urs,,it been 4 years already but tommorow il go to the doctor for check up,,il take ur advise,,i feel relieve and encourage with ur comment,,,lets all pray we will be ok and conquer this symptoms,,i hope u can make a page or group that has the same wid us so we can have forums and updates,,,more power!4
I have a twitching on the side of my head I also get them on one lower lid of the same side eye all. On the right side
I get these as well, big twitches and spasms on my temple area or top of head or sometimes even forehead. I have found that mine is caused from trigger points and muscle insufficiency in my neck due to a car accident and whiplash injury. I get trigger point injections in my neck and upper occipital area and this seems to alleviate those referral areas, chronic stress, anxiety, poor posture, poor sleep posture, these can all lead to problem in the neck and spine. It sounds more musculoskeletal in nature than anything else. Areas in the Trapezius directly refer to the temporalis and TMJ areas. Possibly consider a massage therapist, chiro, PT, or even a neurologist, hope  this helps,

Cheers
My Symptoms:

Spasms in Neck
Spasms in back of head
Stiff Neck
Neck Pain
Cracking Neck
Can not sit at computer (makes everything worse)

Doctors have done so many tests, cant find anything. One doctor said i might have military neck (no neck curvature).

Cures for me:
Going to gym working out
Taking a vacation in a hotel for a few days (every pain is gone).
A good massage, hard massaging, getting the knotts out (dont get a weak cheap massage). Massage therapy for me is the best option because i dont have time to vacation.

Bottom line is i think i have stress and probably some allergies and everything combines to make my neck get swollen and my brain swollen. Stress is a killer, you all know that. Do your selves a favor and take a break. Sitting at a computer in a fixed position for a long time strains your neck.

I think part of my pain was caused by my chiropractor doing a bad adjustment on my neck, but the stress and allergies and everything else doesn't allow my body to keep the inflammation under control.

The Stress is like AIDS (auto immune deficiency syndrome). Our immune systems are not efficient to control our inflammation in our damaged areas because the stress is taxing our bodies so heavily.
i've had spasms in my head for about 20 yrs. maybe 3-4 times a year. feels like my head is expanding , no pain but feel like i'm going to faint, then they pass. very scary indeed. i take a sudafed or similar med and it seems to help. could be related to nasal polyps i'm guessing. if it was an anuerism or heart problem i figure i would be dead by now. had none for two years but had one 3 days ago while in the grocery store. very scary!!
Hey!!!! I am literally experiencing the exact same thing as you and I'm only 18 as well!! I do suffer from anxiety but I'm not really sure if these head issues I've been having lately are because of my anxiety because it seems to bother me now from the moment I wake up till the time I go to bed..
Rarely get headaches, but was having some sparkling white wine about 2 mons ago & felt a "shot" or spasm  (of an artery?) starting from the top Lt side of my head to about the hairline of my lt forehead. Had only had 2 sips, but stopped immediately.  It came again (w/o etoh) a few weeks later, a little duller.  The 1st 2 lasted a few hours.  The one I got last night (was overtired & stressed, no etoh) has persisted now for almost 24 hrs. It's dull, feel a bit off. Weak, lightheaded, just want to lie down.  I have a healthy aversion to drs. Will try head/neck massage just to rule out stress and maybe take a muscle relaxer tonight.  Maybe a chiropractor if this persists for more than a few days.  Have read about Rx meds causing side effects worse than the initial problem so may try homeopathy 1st.  Any suggestions appreciated.