NEUROLOGY
COMMUNITY
Spasms in head????
by popcornn, Oct 03, 2006
I wrote yesterday about headahces. Today, I'm not experiancing any, BUT I'm having constant weird sensations in my head, my like muscles are spasing in my head. I dunno what they are. Has anyone else had these? Is it a responce to aprin or something? They dont hurt...they just feel weird and are annoying. Is this something serious?
Member Comments (52)
by popcornn, Oct 03, 2006
Rarely I get those, but I do. These feel more like movements and spasms/twitches.
by utahmomma, Oct 04, 2006
Okay, this sounds strange but does it feel like your head is bigger than it actually is (like a blown-up balloon) and your scalp is moving in waves?  I know this sounds weird but this is the sensation I get right before I get one of my crushing migraines.
by popcornn, Oct 04, 2006
Only when I feel a lot of pressure on my forhead. But these spams/twitches dont hurt. They're just little ticks throughout my head.
by Pussywillow, Dec 25, 2006
This is too weird all these are symptoms of mercury on the brain. So many people on this site have symptoms of mercury toxicity. I too had all those symptoms, it reached to the point where I could no longer keep my head up.  Please check your mouths if you have silver fillings there is your answer.  I have removed the silver fillings 3 big ones and going through chelation treatment to remove the mercury from my brain.  I was in a wheelchair for almost 4 years and unable to speak due to piosoning from mercury from silver fillings. With removal of the fillings and chelation I am now out of the wheelcahir and able to speak again. Google"Dental Amalgam Mercury syndrome" if you have silver fillings.
Good luck.
by singing-soul, Jul 16, 2007
i feel those weird spasms too...i've been experiencing them for about a month now and i have no idea what it could be..my doctor told me i have tension headaches but i'm still not sure..he didnt run any tests on me or anything..i'm really worried..i've read many things about these spasms and most of the things i've read say that it could be from stess..but i never feel stressed..i mean, i'm only 18..what kind of stress could it possibly mean??anyways..any advice would be nice:)
by medco, Jul 16, 2007
i had those spasms in the back of my head. it was because i put my head in an awkard position. it went away after 3-4 weeks.
by shepark, Jul 23, 2007
I have been experiencing what I can only describe as an electrical shock in my head. At first It only happened while falling to sleep, now it's happening more frequently. I do not have headaches. Another way I can try to describe it it's as though something burst.
by jewlypoo, Jan 08, 2008
A couple of years ago, I has some stress related problems and had tremendous pulls-spasms-wormlike-horrible painful creepy crawley feelings in my head...My Doctor sent me for MRI/MRA, this showed a possible aneurysm and led to me having even more horrific spasms...Ended up thinking I was having a heart attack, went to ER where tests for my heart were fine, but film of my heart showed spots on lung....Went to lung doctor, CT scan confirmed spots on lung..led to even more head spasms, hair even hurt.....Could not even go to grocery store without having a panic attack....Dealt with Doctors/Appointments/tests/pain for about 8 months....In the meantime went to routind dental appt.... when he asked how I had been, boy did I have a story...I mentioned the never ending head spasms/worm pulls/squirrells/pain and how even my hair hurt.....He asked if I grinded my teeth, I said I didn't know, well he made me a temporary mouth guard to see if that helped...I went home thinking that with all the doctors/test/medication I had had, that it would be impossible for something so simple to help,,I wore it anyway that night and the next morning to my total amazement THE SPASMS WERE ALMOST NON EXISTENT!!!!..I was so thrilled, I called my dentist and thanked him for the first good night sleep I had had in months....When I told my doctor of this , it was like he almost blew it off, it was such a common sense fix (stress and more stress causing teeth to grind, hence nerves in the head going crazy and overworked causing all those horrible spasms)..that I do not think he wanted to realize that he had and the other doctors I had seen had missed the obvious!!!!  As to the possible aneurysm, the follow-up (1 year later) tests could not even find it.....As to the spots on lung, the follow-up scan showed the spots were getting smaller and nothing to really worry about........I do not know if this will help you, but I hope it helps someone, even if you just try the mouth guard sold at some stores...Good luck!!!!!