Spasms on right side of head
Two nights ago as I lay on my pillow, I started having a twitching/spasm type feeling on the right side of my head.  It's a nervous/jumping type feeling... like a wave under the skin.  I've never felt this before, but I noticed it again last night.  And today, I have had the feeling a couple of times.

Any clue on what may be causing this and should I schedule an appointment to see my family doctor as soon as possible?
please let me know what the outcom was I am experiencing that as well!!!
If you do go to Doc. Please post what they think that it might be. I started with this spasm feeling in the back middle of my head and now it is also happening in the front. I have alot of other health issues and are afraid that my atuoimmune diease may now be in my brain. Thanks . I hope that all goes well for you
I too have this...it started 7 years ago...do you clench your teeth throughout the day or at night. Try using a mouthguard at night and see if it goes away. I have a terrible case of TMJ...I clench my teeth all the day (stress related) and the nightguard seems to help. See if that works! Testing revealed nothing and the Neurosurgeon said it was nothing he could find.
Are you taking any kind of birth control?  (If you're a male, I apologize.) I had what I called charley horses in my scalp, and they lasted for hours.  I had the MRIs, was put on anti-epilepsy medicine by a neurologist...turned out, it had something to do with depo-provera.  The second that I got off of it, they stopped.  I get a fleeting one every once in a while, and I think that it is fluctuations in hormones or something.  Just a theory.  The body just isn't up for massive injections of progesterone.  Mine were painful, though, but I could feel muscle movement.  
If someone else has this too and has been to a doctor can they post what they found out. I have these too and they're driving me crazy.
i have been experiencing this myself for the last couple of weeks in the right side of my head just a bit above my ear, i dont think its anything to do with the teeth clenching as i dont do that nor am i on any kind of birth control tho i am pregnant, it really is annoying and when i place my fingers there i can sometime feel it throbbing, its horrible, has anyone been to the docs yet and maybe have any idea what could be causing this, i will defo be going soon myself.
read my story..sounds so alike..I am going to the dr 5/21 and will hopefully get some 411
I am so desperate for an answer. I have been having this pain since yesterday. It comes a goes and sometimes gets so bad I have to stop what Im doing and let it pass.  You know what it reminds me of? Almost like a "brain freeze" when you drink something cold. But Im not drinking or eating anything cold. Someone has to have answers. Please help us.

How are you?
The twitching on one side of your head could be because of stress and exhaustion. Another cause could be sinusitis.
Just try to take it easy for the next few days and make sure you get enough sleep and rest.
If the twitching continues and new symptoms develop please consult your family doctor and undergo a clinical evaluation. Take care!
GOT THIS FROM A MEDICAL'S  WEBSITE > >>> HOPE IT HELPS >>>>>>>>>>>>>>             Muscle spasms on one side of the head could be due to stress and tension. Sometimes eye strain, tension in the neck muscles also result in muscle spasms on one side of the head.
I would suggest you to get a scalp and neck massage done. Alternate ice and heat packs on the affected part will also help.
I'm also getting twitching/spasms above my right ear and have been feeling heady and slightly dizzy.  I'm worried as my sister passed away suddenly 4 years ago with a brain haemorrhage.  Although I have had the checks then incase it is a family link .  Should I go and get this checked I don't want to seem like a hypochondriac.  I'm reaching 50, and have not yet experienced the change, I have a stressful job and I do like a glass of wine. Can anyone tell me any outcome of a similar problem they have had.
I always refer to mine as "a charlie-horse in the sife of my head.   Mine started about 5 years ago, just suddenly.  I wouldnt have another for months.  They have gotten a lot worse over the last couple years.  I get them several times a day and there is s lot of residual pain.  Never wad a headache person but now if i misd my Lyrica...well, i know better!!!

A year ago i had bloodclots that traveled thru my heart and into the two top lung lobes on right and in the bottom lung lobe on left.

There were several Pulmonary Embolisms and i have yet to recover it all.  I hv to use a cane or wheelchair to get around and i hv been on physical therapy the last nine months.  It is nice relief for an hpur ot so but nothing lasting.

I have been poked, prodded and worked up in almost all types xrays and bloodwork...even a spinal tap...nothing as to why.

I use Humira for RA...just started it a few months ago.  I am 52, had hysterectomy early in my twenties and also have v had a lot of medical issues...mostly pain that they cant find a reason for.  

Whatever it truly is, it has totally destroyed my life.  I do have a stressful life and lost a child a few years ago.

Please if anyone ever gets on the right therapy/meds to help us....POST IT!!!!

Prayers for us all.  {{{Hugs}}}