Sphenoid Sinus Disease/Infection
Hello All!  I have recently been having head pressure.  Not so much head aches, but pressure on the back of my head and a dull pain on the top.  This went on for 4 weeks.  I let it go, as I was recently dx'd with an ovarian cyst that resolved itself.  I thought the head pressure was a result of the cyst messing up my body.  Once the daily low grade fever started (99.2-99.6),I finally went to the doctor.  He sent me for a CT of the brain "just in case".

The report came back with everything clear and good, except for "soft tissue attenuation is identified at the posterior aspect of the left sphenoid sinus."   The Impression is "Left sphenoid sinus disease."  

I was put on Augmentin and some nose spray. That is it.  Now, I am looking up sphenoid sinus and what I have read about it being infected sounds pretty alarming.  Also--What exactly does "Soft Tissue Attenuation" mean?

I am wondering if I should go back to the doctor after the antibiotics are completed to make sure all is well.

Any comments are welcome.  Thank you.
  "Soft Tissue Attenuation"  the sinus is made of bone (hard tissue), but its linned by a mucus membrane (soft tissue) and attenuation is a radiological term meaning a change from base line indicate increased water content most likely due to an inflammation.
    Sphenoid sinusitis could be the worst night mare for an ER physician or a neurologist, because it could present in different ways, the physical examination is not  helpful, and it warrants aggressive therapy

Though, its anatomical location is dangerous, but as long as the CT did not say it has a thin wall (can be extremely thin, or even a thin mucosal barrier) you should not worry,
UNLESS,  
1-you have had several episodes of sinusitis
2-or have low immune system, diabetes,
3- or the fever /headache are not subsiding , or developing new symptomes in the eye or the face

A repeat CT (A GOLD STANDARD) or MRI (NEVER A ROUTIN X- RAY) anyway is advised after therapy to see the resolution

Thank You so much!