Neurology Community
Spinal Canal Stenosis

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, Multiple Sclerosis, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Spinal Canal Stenosis

I am suffering from lumber lordosis and spinal canal stenosis, Doctor told that my MRI report is serious but i may be cure by physiotherapy by 1 months or more i want to ask a question that after six month of recovery can i ride my bike or not? my bike is 220cc its weight more than 250 kg for lifting it i use my left leg and my problem reside in the same leg leg please guide me???
There is no possible way to answer that question. You diagnosis is permanant, and although exercise may relieve nerve compression, it can come back. If the nerves are compressed they tend to cause muscle atrophy. You can take a chance by riding a bike, but run the risk of again developing pain and lifetime discomfort that will not be relieved by treatment. It is not simply the weight of the bicycle, but the up-and-down bumps that will be transmitted to the lumbar vertebrae.