Neurology Community
Spinal Cerebellar Ataxia Type 7

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, Multiple Sclerosis, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Spinal Cerebellar Ataxia Type 7

hello all ... 11 years ago my father (turning 61) was diagnosed with SCA type 7 .. this is a rare illness, and there is no cure.. Its not often we hear of anyone else with this illness. its only researched in about 4 parts of the world. There are 27 type's

This Rare Genetic illness is much like Huntington’s Disease and is often inherited

I'm just curious to know if you or your family has been affected by this illness and if so, maybe we can chat etc.. I assume it would help alot for both ends to know that we are not alone and someone out there is going through the exact same thing as you..
Currently my sister and I are being tested for early signs of SCA..Both her children and my (future children) will under go the same testing as they get older..
Ty kindly for reading my post, another thank you in advance for replying :)
Tags: Spinal Cerebellar Ataxia
I've had SCA now for 22 years.  I'm finally realizing that, despite my best efforts to deny, I'm now unable to walk.  I'm 37 now, and don't really know what the future holds, my genetic link to this disorder (Father) died when I was young.  As he was adopted in the 50's from Newfoundland, there wasn't much in records.