Spinal Tap-Complications?
My son is 11 months old and had a LP performed on 2 days ago. Since this has been performed he now seems to be in too much pain to stand up or crawl. When he stands up he draws his shoulders up and hunches his back over then sits down real quick and the whole time as soon as his feet hit the floor he starts crying.  We have talked with his Pediatrician and the Doctor that performed the LP and both have different opionions on why this is happening. Help? What do we do? Does he need to see a specialist?
Hello.

In the case of conflicting views, you may see a Pediatric Neurologist for your lottle one. He needs a good opinion.

Make sure he is not showing symptoms of the condition for which LP was done.

regards
Is this something that could be a complication of just because he is sore from the injection?
Hello again.

There is a possibility if infection of the spinal cord. There are hardly any muscles in the way of the needle. it is less likely to be due to muscle spasm.

Regards
I'm not a doctor but I've had a spinal tap.  I got a severe spinal headache from it for about a week.  I had to lie completely flat or the pain was excrutiating.  Maybe he has a spinal headache and can't tell you.
I had 8 LP's over the course of 2 1/2 months and after I had spasms that were painful.  The headache thing is true too.  Good luck
I am not a doctor but I had a spinal tap in Nov, 2006 and have been having back pains since day one. During the spinal, my aorta was punctured causing blood leanage in my stomach area requiring placing a stent in the aorta. My back pains still persist, sometimes severly. I have been to see a neurosurgeon, no results, been to physical therapy, no results, am presently going to a chirpractic neurologist and am seeing a little relief. Pain explained by several physicians is a result of scarring from blood leakage and required surgery. Many physicians say the needle used in a spinal tap is not long enough to puncture the aorta on the other side of the spine but I have found that the length of the spinal tap needles varies from 1" to 8" and therefore very possible. Don't know if this will help and I hate to see anyone suffer, especialy little children.  but scarring is definitely a possibility. The very best of luck to you and your son. God Bless.