Spine sensitive to touch
For the past 10 years my lower spine has been sensitive to touch. Last week I felt a tightening in the center of my spine.  I thought it was muscle spasms.  I went to the doctor and found that the sensitivity in my spine now starts halfway up my back. The pain is severe enough that I can't drive or take any pressure on the lower half of my spine.  The muscles on either side are fine.  The pain is only in the center of my spine.  I have been through a battery of tests, including xrays. I have no pain or numness in my legs or neck.  I have missed a week of work because of this and I'm really getting frustrated that no one can tell me what's wrong. Has anyone else had these same symptoms?
jej
do you have pain in your back as well all the time ? i do it started about 5 years ago..severe pain and to touch my back would send me up the roof in pain..my doctor did mri..3 herniated discs in my spine but the tender touch was they were inflamed...took anti- inflamitries and the this helped with the tenderness but if i over-due with my back the inflamation comes back...has your doctor ordered a mri? i had epideral injections but they did not help...finally went to a surgeon i trust and he said 3 spinal distctomy in a fow very unlikely all 3 would take,,interbody distectomy..so stay on pain pill all my life...be careful first sureon i went to in 10 minutes he said he could fix it and i would have no pain...the surgeon i trust did 4 brain surgeries on my sister...i am not a doctor and i am not trying to give you advice but i would get an mri..my best to you...jej
I call it the Princess and the Pea syndrome. I have lived with it for years. The best results I have had is massage, which is expensive, and a jacuzzi tub as hot as you can stand. That seems to anesthitise the nerves for awhile. Pain medication helps but only in the short term. I think it's a combination of fibyromyalgia, and spinal problems. Good luck.