Spinocerebellar ataxia
Hi! This question has nothing related to health, but I was wondering what type of doctor that specialize in Spinocerebellar ataxia. I'm 15 and I want to be a doctor that specialize in Spinocerebellar ataxia.
AMO
Dear     Ppacmonster,

I  am happy to see you  ppost and I    am very happy to see your innnterst    in SCA and Ataxia!

The answer to your question is a MOvement Disorder Specialist. The  y are a Neurologist and study movement disorders. Once an undergrad, then would head  to mediccal school. After graduating med school, onto residency and after thatt become  a Fellow under another  doctor who woulld be specialist in  movement disorders.

There are few and far between those neurologiist who are experts in the field. I  believe you must be very special to want to work in this rare disorder.

If I may ask iif you have personnal intrest in this? Family   member?

Med helpp has opened an Ataxia   forum also. It is very slow and quiet, I am a monitor there. But you are very  welcome posting where you fell comfortable.
Thank you Pacmonster and look forward to helping any way I could.
Amo

Hi, your question has found its way to the MS community forum, not sure why thats happened or if anyone here can help. I did a google search "type of dr who treats spinocerebellar ataxia" just out of interest and came up with a few interesting research articles.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3138714/

After reading this one, i can see two different feilds of medicine Neurology and Geneology, so the types of doctors that specialise in Spinocerebellar ataxia would be either a Nurologist or a Geneticist, depending on the field that interests you the most.

Cheers......JJ  
It is a very rare disorder,that's probably why it's quiet. It wasn't because of a family member; I was inspired by someone to become a doctor that would specialize in Spinocerebellar Ataxia . I want to be a doctor that can help people,even if there is no cure right now, I believe there is going to be a cure for it in the far future. Even if that person has this disease if they lose hope in everything, I wouldn't want that to happen I would want them to try everything that would help them. I too want to find and help people that has this disorder. Also Thank you for responding and your time  I was worried if no one wouldn't respond. So thank you very much supermum_ms and AMO! It was really well appreciated and I will become a great movement disorder neurologist.