Spots in cerebellum, neck pain and vertigo
Three months ago my father suffered what they then thought was a stroke in the cerebellum, leaving up to six spots or scars in the little brain.
His symtoms upon admittance was vertigo, nausea and vomiting. He has since recovered remarkably fast, up until a week ago when he was admitted again. The symtoms were the same; vertigo, nausea and vomiting.
He has taken a CT and MRI again. The doctors are perplexed that now three months later most of his spots or scars have almost vanished, although two new faint ones have appeared. They are ready to dismiss a stroke, but have no new diagnosis to offer.
My father also suffered neck pains fourteen days prior to his first attack, more pains than usual. His neck is worn from years of work.
I have looked up Meniere's syndrom, and much seems to fit my fathers condition. But I can't find any mention of spots in the brain in relation to this diagnosis there. Any ideas or similar exmples out there?
Hello Dear,
The probable diagnosis of your father could be migraine as all the classical symptoms are present.  Also migraine patients are seven times more likely to have signs of infarcts than migraine-free volunteers.The scars are due to suppressed blood flow to the region during a migraine.For more information you can refer to http://www.health24.com/news/Headache/1-1248,26130.asp.
Best
After suffering from severe headaches/migraines for over 8 years now I was finally sent to a neurologist who looked at an MRI and also saw white spots.  his determination was chronic migraines and stated that they can be more prominent during a migraine on the scans because of the constriction. i still have the migraines which was helped by physical therapy, but unfortunatley was forced to end physical therapy early due to insurance.  now i am suffering from new symptoms including dizziness caused by lights and sounds, mild confusion, and black spots flying around in front of my eyes.