Stabbing-Throbbing pain on left temple
Hello, I was woken up at 5:45am with extreme pain on my left temple area.  It felt like someone was stabbing me, throbbing, sharp.  All I could do was hold my head and rock myself.  
Brief medical history; I'm a 40-year old female. I've had 5 surgeries on my head, from 1997-2004. I had a frontal lobe brain tumor on the left side.  When they removed it approx. 3 months later I started having seizures.  I currently take tripletal, neurontin, vimpat & keppra.  I do have tmj, I wear a nightguard.  Also, I have a lot of stress in my life at the moment.  The pain has subsided...I'm feeling a little throbbing in the area.  I took some excedrin.
This is the first time it's happened to me, what do you think the pain I felt was caused from?  Do you think it's anything I need to be concerned with?   Thank you....