Neurology Community
Starring Spells?

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, Multiple Sclerosis, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Starring Spells?

My 13 month old son has suffered two complex febrile seizures this past month. One lasting over an hour with three doses of medication at the hospital. Both times he lost movement on one side of this body and showed the lip on the same side drooping. Now, he has been having these episodes during the day where he will stop whatever it is he is doing, go completely pale while staring into the middle of no where and shake like he has a shiver. He also makes a swollowing gesture and a few times his lips have gone a purpleish blue colour. He has never lost his balance, however has at times grabbed on to whatever is near him during it. After the episode he is very tired and wants to be held for a while.
The doctors at emergency do not seem to be concerned and tell us to monitor them. I am a first time mom and very concerned and feel there is something more we can do then watch him have these episodes.
Are these absense seizures or complex partial sezures or any at all?
They sound like seizures.  The emergency room is not the appropriate place to go for effective treatment.  Make an appointment with his pediatrician.