Neurology Expert Forum
Stiff Neck, back pain with dizziness

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Fibromyalgia, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Stiff Neck, back pain with dizziness

Im 25year old and in the past few days, i tend to have stiff neck pain, back pain with dizziness continuously. I usually used to have migraine headaches sometimes. But do you have a clue why dizziness is happening. Im working as a software engineer. I have a continuous neck and back pain. Is it related with that.
Please do help me out.

probably related to rounded, forward head posture---possibly from sitting in font of a computer. if your head is not balanced over your spine the muscles in your neck will go into spasm---- dizziness can occur from this--so can migraines. see a website by Jolie Bookspan and do some reading on forward head posture. Paul D'Arezzo wrote a great little book on posture with excellent exercises/stretches. the primary culprit of pain/symptoms are the scalenes.
I have been dizzy for a year and now my neck and head are killing me as well with shooting pains. Had all tests done and are negative

I just had and mri of the spine and neck and it shows 2 bulges of the discs

I am going to pain management on wednesday as they said a pinched nerve on the disc could be causing all my problems

Anyway did you have an mri done of your head neck and spine?

If not do so?

Regards
Portia
Thank you for the forum.  I was hit on the drivers side of my car by a vehicle traveling about 40 MPH while on business.  The accident caused my head to turn hard left and then backward, I have been suffering since about 3-4 weeks or so after the accident from severe ringing in my ears and many related symptons (headaches, neck stiffness and neck pain, insomia...I could go on and on) now for 10 months.  An ENT finally diagnosed "Whiplash Syndrome" last week stating he can feel it in my neck.  There was a MRI performed that showed C5 and C6  damage but no surgery recommended. Involved in my medical care is workmans comp and the womans insurance. Both doubt the validity of this diagnosis.  Physical therapy actually seemed to make it worse.
My "dura" was inadvertently punctured during a spinal block creating a painful 5 days of laying on my back canceling the remaining spinal blocks. Have spine pain as well but not nearly the problem with the neck/ringing issue.

Sorry for the run on. My question is can this Whiplash syndrone actually be medically proven and should I insist on a neurologist take a look? Also I found an article that seemed to indicate that an intraveneuos injection might be an option to spinal blocks as I am not keen on doing the spinal block again.

Thanks in advance for letting me vent!
My mother is 61 and she is has pressure in head and her chest/ Then she also gets light headed. I told her that it might just be her blood pressure.