Neurology Community
Stiff neck, headache, lightheaded, weakness- desperate to feel normal

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

For the last several days I've had a stiff neck with 'heavy head' and a general headache, muscle weakness, some tingling and dizziness/lightheadedness.  The lightheadedness is by far the most troubling and I'm desperate to feel normal.  It's like I've been wearing someone else's glasses for the last week.

I felt dizzy for a couple of days, the second day chills and weakness and tingling started and I assumed I had a bug of some sort.  Afterward I felt fine for several days, then the symptoms were back.

I've been taking 100 mg of spironolactone for the last 6 months for acne and borderline high BP, no other meds.  Could these symptoms be due to high potassium?  I was taking one 100 mg pill a day, now taking 2 50 mg pills, that's been the only change that coincided with the symptoms.  I tried not to drink caffeine or take ibuprofen in case they were making it worse, but the headache and neck pain was too much to take without them.

The numbness and tingling seems to have mostly subsided now, though I've always had less than great circulation.  My hands and feet are usually cold.

I'm trying to drink a lot of water and am taking calcium chews and multi-vitamins.

I have not experienced nausea, vomiting, cold-like symptoms, sinus pressure, ear ringing or pain, difficulty sleeping or abnormal fatigue or vision problems.  My balance seems mostly fine- dizziness doesn't seem to be vertigo.  My temperature and blood pressure were normal two days ago.

The things that seem possible are high potassium, anemia, some sort of virus, a pinched nerve, and/or anxiety.  I have a hard time believing it's anxiety alone- but it seems likely that could be exacerbating existing symptoms. I have insurance but am currently not working, so I want to try and avoid a battery of unnecessary tests and/or chiropractor appointments if possible.  I would love an opinion from a doctor.  Thank you!
I should add that I am a 39 yr old woman with no history of back or neck problems, or anxiety disorder, except for an issue about 15 years ago where I had numbness and tingling with eventual dizziness.  When I went to an internist he thought I was having anxiety and gave me a tiny dose of valium- I remember being fine afterwards and being able to 'talk myself out of' the symptoms.  This is what makes me think anxiety may be making me feel worse, though it's odd that it took this long to crop up again.  My life is somewhat stressful at the moment, but no moreso than many other times.
Stiff neck is a reason to see a doctor. It could be nothing, but I am just saying that if you have a stiff neck. it's time to see a health professional.
Your symptoms could be from cervical disc problems or a myriad of other things,. You need an MRI of your neck and blood work.