Stinging leg pains
I am a 25 year old female who suffers from chronic leg pain. The pain is more intense in my right leg and it is getting to the point where I am wondering what on earth is going on. The pain will usually start off as achy like, but then starts to sting. The stinging feels like it is deep in the bone but I am not sure if it is really nerves. At times while the pain is there the muscle around my knee and in my upper thigh will start to burn and the muscles there and in my calf muscle will start to twitch. There are times when I wake up in the morning that my back and legs feel a little stiff and when I move them I feel sore. I was told I am vitamin D deficient but I have to say this seems to be a little more than that. I get the same pain in my arms at times and into my fingers. A little tingling at times. the top of my middle finger went numb for a few hours and I get the same numbness and tingling on just one patch of my left arm that lasts a few seconds. I am not sure what is going on or if it is even serious. There is more but I do not want to ramble. Do any of these few symptoms sound familiar? Anyone have any suggestions?
Hi there.

I understand your concern.  There can be several explanations or causes for what you are experiencing.  A possibility is indeed vitamin D or calcium deficiency which can cause the pain.  Other micronutrients such as Vitamin B complex and Vitamin E may also be lacking since this is essential in normal nerve function.  Stress may contribute much to this problem by elevating or heightening our perception of pain and other stimuli.  I suggest that you have this formally evaluated by a doctor or neurologist who can perform a good neurologic examination.  For now I suggest you avoid stress as much as possible (though I know it will be hard to do that) and eat a balanced diet with supplementation if possible.

Regards.