Stinging pain in various parts of body
For the past 3 years or so I have had bouts of stinging pain in various parts of my body. One time it may be my leg the next time my arm and at the moment it has taken up residence on the right side of my face (Which is extremely painful!). The pain last anywhere from 1-4 days and usually gets worse each day. The pain that is in my face right now feels as though someone slapped me, but instead of going away it continues to sting and ache. I cannot touch my face from the pain and I am unable to eat on that side. Also, just blinking my eye hurts. Usually it affects my legs or feet to the point that I cannot walk on the affected foot. Sometimes it is mild and sometimes severe. I have no idea what this is or how to stop it. No pain relievers work at all. I have even taken vicadin and that did not work at all either. It just goes away eventually on its own. It may come back as often as a week later and then it may not return for a month or so. Each time the duration is different and the intensity varies as well. Can anyone give me any advice? I have asked doctors and they just blow off the symptoms with a "hmmmm.....I have no idea." Some people have told me nerve damage others have said fibromyalgia. I just don't know what to do.
Try a pain clinic if a neurologist doesnt help.  I don't take pain killers for my undiagnosed burning pain, but I take Cymbalta and Pamelor.  As soon as I started taking Pamelor - my pain decreased.  It's an antidepressant.  Hope some of that helps.  I have been to a neuro - he's still helping some, a pain clinic and a psychiatrist.  Strangely enough, the psych gave me the Pamelor, which decreased the burning pain immediately, but not completely.  Hang in there!