Neurology Community
Stopping Prednisone

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, Multiple Sclerosis, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Stopping Prednisone

I have CIDP and Pulmonary Fibrosis.  I was taking Prednisone 20 mg/day and Imuran 100 mg daily as well as getting IVIG for three days once a month.  After my IVIG treatment this month, my neurologist prescribed 500 mg SoluMedrol IV.  I assumed that I was to stop taking the oral Prednisaon all together.  Was I correct?  I'm unable to speak with my doctor because of the holiday, and I have been feeling sick since I had that IVIG and SoluMedrol.Please advise. Thank you.
Do not just stop the prednisone.  It is well-known that the drug has to be tapered slowly and in an orderly way.  You can always ask your pharmacist where you get your medications filled about what I'm saying, and he should agree with me.