Strange Eye Movement
Hello.  For the past 6 days my 7 year old son has been having periods of strange eye movement.  His eyes will flick from side to side and then roll back.  It seems to happen in clusters, lasting up to five minutes and occuring every 10-15 minutes.  He says he has no pain and that he cannot control the eye movement.  When the movements occur he is unable to see.  He has complained of a headache type pain once since the movements started.  I have taken him to a regular Doctor who dismissed it as a virus but my son has not been sick at all.  I have also taken him to the Optometrist who couldn't find a problem but did notice the odd eye movements.  She said his eyesight is perfect.  

I have another son who suffers from epilepsy (Absence Seizures) so I am wondering if this could be a sign my other son is also suffering seizures.  I am also concerned it could be something worse.  I have been unable to get a proper answer from anyone and I am at a loss as to what to do next.  I am hoping to get a referral to a Neurologist ASAP and have an appointment to see another doctor on Saturday.

Any advice or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thank You.
My 7 year old just started having similar eye movements in the past week.
Did you ever figure out what was going on?
Did it go away?
Thanks.