Neurology Expert Forum
Strange Irritating feeling

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Fibromyalgia, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Strange Irritating feeling

I have an uncomfortable feeling from the back of my left eye to left side of my head, and it throbbes when ever i study hard. I have already had an eye examine this year and they mention no problems. It is causing me to get moody, highly irritated and a lack of desire to study.
  • MS-related? (1 replies):
    Can Multiple Sclerosis cause bulging discs?
  • change in headache pattern (1 replies):
    My husband has had migraine HA since his early thirties ...[more]
  • Possibilities? (1 replies):
    Increased head pressure with pain only when bending over...[more]
  • pounding (1 replies):
    I have a pounding above my left ear towards the back of ...[more]
  • ALS (1 replies):
    My husband was diagnosed with ALS in April 2010. Some pe...[more]
Avatar_dr_m_tn
Thanks for using the forum. I am happy to address your questions, and my answer will be based on the information you provided here. Please make sure you recognize that this forum is for educational purposes only, and it does not substitute for a formal office visit with a doctor.

Without the ability to examine and obtain a history, I can not tell you what the exact cause of the symptoms is. However I will try to provide you with some useful information.

What you describe could be related to muscle strain. However, a one sided throbbing headache may be a migraine. Migraines typically will have other features such as nausea and/or vomiting, light and sound sensitivity, worsening headache with activity, etc. Do you have a history of migraines or family history of migraines?

Without further information about your headache, it is difficult to provide you with adequate information. I would suggest you follow up with your primary care physician so that he/she can obtain a more thorough history. It is important for you to understand that if you have not experienced headaches in the past and you are now having new head pains, seeing a neurologist earlier would be a good idea, just to make sure there is nothing serious causing this pain. Imaging of the brain and sometimes then neck may be indicated depending on your exact symptoms, your physical examination, and other factors.

Thank you for this opportunity to answer your questions, I hope you find the information I have provided useful, good luck.