Neurology Community
Strange Lumps

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, Multiple Sclerosis, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Strange Lumps

When i was younger i noticed small, cartilaginous nodules under my skin on my sutra occipitomastoidea and sutra lambdoidea. Over the years, they have grown slightly larger, and i had started to feel around and noticed 2 or 3 more. I figured these are abnormal due to the fact that they are asymmetrical as they do not appear in the same spot on the opposite side of my head. Applying pressure to them causes a dull, achy pain, although, under normal circumstances, they do not hurt at all. All i am wondering is what they might be. Thanks.
Thank you for your question. Although without being able to examine your lumps, I can not offer you the specific advice on diagnosis and treatment that you need, but I would try to provide you some relevant information about your health concern.

Usually, asymptomatic multiple lumps on body for so long years could be a fat accumulation at the sites as lumps, normally called as lipoma and may appear due to hereditary. Although it hardly changes its shape or grow, but it will be best to get this evaluated with the help of a skin specialist to understand any possibility of infection or other reasons. Hope this helps.