Neurology Community
Strange Sensations in Right Leg

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Strange Sensations in Right Leg

Hi. I am a 29 year old female in good health. In February of this year, I began having frequent muscle spasms/twitching in the arch of my right foot and tingling over the entire foot. My doctor prescribed a multivitamin with magnesium and the symptoms disappeared for about two months. Approximately four weeks ago, I started having a dull aching pain in the left side of my chest that comes and goes. About two weeks ago, the muscle spasms began in my foot and I also experience other random sensations in my right leg, from the knee down. Sometimes it tingles in the shin, sometimes in the calf muscle. Sometimes when I stretch (touch my toes) I feel a shooting pain down my shin and to my big toe. This past weekend, I was standing for a long period of time and my knee became very sore, my calf muscle was stiff, and my ankle was also sore. That all improved with rest and sometimes the stretching will help it to feel better but there is almost always some noticeable sensation in my right leg. At my second appointment, the doctor prescribed prilosec for my chest pain and celexa for anxiety which I just started last night. My question is, will the celexa actually cure the symptoms or just help me to not worry about it so much? Could this just be stress or should I press for any type of testing? What if it is something serious and we're ignoring the cause and just treating the symptoms?
Thank you for your time.
I have the same symptoms as you did back when you posted this-- what is your status now days? (if you still receive notifications from this post, that is!)