Neurology Community
Strange Symptoms
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Strange Symptoms

I have been exhibiting a variety of strange symptoms since last spring.  It started with extreme fatigue, persistent, severe dryness of my mouth and eyes (I drink an average of a gallon of water a day and still feel constantly thirsty) and use both prescription and OTC eyedrops without success.  I have also been experiencing extremely unusual confusion and memory loss.  However, I underwent ECT a year and a half ago for postpartum depression, and attributed it to that, even though I didn't experience memory loss until six months later when my other symptoms started.  Sometimes I can't even remember basic words and my sentences get jumbled.  I have soaking night sweats almost every night, also starting last spring.  Then two months ago, a constant lump formed in my throat, very painful, making it difficult to swallow and even breathe sometimes. (My CRNP said it was probably allergies, though I have never had it before.)  Now I have begun to experience frequent tingling in my hands and feet, as if they have fallen asleep, even if I wasn't resting on them or anything.  I'm getting concerned.  Any ideas what I should do?  I hate going to the doctor and don't want to be seen as a hypochondriac with all these bizarre symptoms.