Aa
A
A
Close
Strange Symptoms
I have been exhibiting a variety of strange symptoms since last spring.  It started with extreme fatigue, persistent, severe dryness of my mouth and eyes (I drink an average of a gallon of water a day and still feel constantly thirsty) and use both prescription and OTC eyedrops without success.  I have also been experiencing extremely unusual confusion and memory loss.  However, I underwent ECT a year and a half ago for postpartum depression, and attributed it to that, even though I didn't experience memory loss until six months later when my other symptoms started.  Sometimes I can't even remember basic words and my sentences get jumbled.  I have soaking night sweats almost every night, also starting last spring.  Then two months ago, a constant lump formed in my throat, very painful, making it difficult to swallow and even breathe sometimes. (My CRNP said it was probably allergies, though I have never had it before.)  Now I have begun to experience frequent tingling in my hands and feet, as if they have fallen asleep, even if I wasn't resting on them or anything.  I'm getting concerned.  Any ideas what I should do?  I hate going to the doctor and don't want to be seen as a hypochondriac with all these bizarre symptoms.
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
I also forgot to mention, immediately before the onset of my symptoms, I had mono, and although I mostly recovered, that is almost exactly when these other symptoms started.  Don't know if that matters.  Also, I had Lyme disease seven years ago, but never had any further incidences as they got to it early with antibiotics.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Neurology Community Resources