Neurology Community
Strange feeling in head

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Strange feeling in head

For the past week or so, I have been experiencing discomfort in my head that is hard to explain. It is bothering me so much that it is hard to get through the days. The best way I could describe it is it feels similar to when you have an itch you can't scratch that feels under your skin. It feels like I have a headache/tingling deep inside my head. Another way I can try and describe it is when you are cold and about to shiver, except it doesn't shrug away. I feel this all in my head all day and it's driving me crazy. I was referred to a neurologist, but she can't see me until the end of the month and I don't know what I can take this for much longer. Since it's hard to describe, I'm having trouble trying to think about what could be causing this. Does anyone kind of get what I'm trying to describe and know what this might be? It's causing me to worry that this could be something serious.
Hi there!

Well, without a detailed clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of your symptoms. Possibilities that may need to be considered include skin infections. Inflammations, cranial neuralgias, vascular issues, micronutrient deficiencies, hormonal/ endocrine causes etc. I would suggest getting g this evaluated by a primary care physician or an internist initially and depending on the cause diagnosed/ suspected, it can be managed accordingly or specialist care may be sought.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!