Strange numbness/ paralysis in arms and hands
I'm a 25 year old girl, and as of about a week ago, I have consistantly been experiencing strange cramps and numbness in my hands and arms during and after intercourse (has occurred now 5 times).  It generally begins as a tingling (think as if a limb were falling asleep) in my fingers and toes, along with muscle twitching and cramping in my face (mild though) and rises into almost a paralysis in both arms.  It sounds really strange, but my hands and arms become so cramped almost instantly, and they sort of lock into place like a doll or something.  My face continues to twitch and it takes about 5 to 10 minutes for everything to "release".  It isn't only when I orgasm, but it certainly is exacerbated when I do.  I run and work out  daily with no problem, and eat very healthy (vegetarean but still eat some fish and shellfish) so I'm not quite sure what's going on.  I don't think it's muscular otherwise my daily workouts would be affected, right?  Any Ideas?  I looked on wrongdiagnosis.com and a slew of crazy diseases showed up... just wanted some real feedback- I (and my boyfriend) would really appreciate it.

Thanks for writing in.
It is a little unusual symptom and it is tough to give a straight forward answer. There is however the possibility of nerve compression due to posture during sex. I would suggest you to try a different posture during intercourse and see if it helps. OTC B complex supplements will also help. It would be useful to get yourself evaluated for diabetes as well.
Hope this helps!
I had this, it is simply hyperventilation, it happens to many. Upping your calcium and breathing slower and deeper will help. (the latter moreso).