Strange warm sensation in foot?
For the past two days I have been experiencing a warm periodic sensation in my left heel. It happens like every-hour, sometimes every 30 minutes. When I experience it, the whole back of my heel gets a really warm sensation come over it, it only last about 10 sec’s. It doesn't hurt, and it doesn’t feel hot to touch from the out side. What the heck could this be? In the past I have had this same experience on the same foot but it was on the top of my foot instead, this incident occurred about a year ago, and until now, I hadn't experienced it since.

In the past I had some other strange bodily sensations and went and had test done….
MRI- Brain =clear
MRI-spinal cord=clear
CT scan brain=clear
Blood works=clear
X-Ray C-spine=lordosis
X-Ray spine= spondylolthesis
Otherwise I am a healthy 21 year old mother of one
Thank you for your question. Although without being able to examine you I can not offer you the specific advice on diagnosis and treatment that you need, but I would try to provide you some relevant information about your health concern.

From the symptoms you describe, it sounds that it could be a circulatory disturbance (due to compression of blood vessels) or a nerve pinched.  This may most likely occurs due to any clots in blood vessels and diabetes. I would suggest evaluating all the possibilities with the help of a doctor first. Further referral to a neurologist will surely help you in getting a more precise opinion here. Hope this information proves help you.

Thankyou very kindly for your answer, it has been helpful. It seems half the Dr's i go to, just can't ever give me a simple or straight answer. I will put your answer to them and see what they say. Thanks again, kind regards,
Samantha.
just wondering if you found out what it was? I am a young active grandmother and have spondolitheses and have been having a warm hot flash kind of feeling in my right ankle -kind of like warm water rushing down the inside of my right leg to the ankle.  I sit at a computer all day also- I get up and down alot though. I am leaning toward it being from my low back problems with spondyloltheses though. I have sciatica and pinched nerves on either side from time to time.  Going to the chiropractor when needed for therapy helps alot!
Have you ever learned what it is? I'm having the same issue. I'm 43 yrs old, normal weight, good health (no disease), and have recently been diagnosed with herniation of C4 and C5 in my neck. I just started taking medicine for that but otherwise only take vitamins - but this warm sensation started before meds. Just curious if you had any accompanying back pain where it could be a pinched nerve or if any other health issues have arisen since your post nearly 4 years ago and if that could be what mine is, too.

hi
I just started googling warm feeling in heel and I found your comment. i have just started getting this weird sensation in my right heel,its very odd.anybody know whats going on? it feels ike energy leaving my body via my heel. little bit scary too.
regards
kat
I am a healthy active 57 year old.  I have the same sensation  Almost like a hot flash on the left side of my ankle into my foot
Same here... very curious as what this could be. I started noticing this warm feeling on my left foot after I came back from a run. Not sure if I injuried it or something whilst I was running. It'll come periodically and leave in a few seconds. I'm healthy 24 yr old aside from vitamin d deficiency and small hemoglobin.
I would describe the sensation I have exactly like you, when it first happened, I thought I had somehow peed myself because it felt like actual warm water running down my leg and going under my foot. So weird. Maybe I'm sitting too much. I wish a doctor would chime in here for free!!!
I want to provide an update.

I had the hot flashes for a few more days. And on the fourth day my foot and my leg knee down was swollen. There was a tingly sensation, leg was slightly numb and leg was also cold.  The swelling subsided after five days and now I have much less frequent hot flashes. There is still some slight pain on the bottom of my foot which is where I believe it started.I ended up getting a x-ray and ultrasound and the results came back negative! This was a relief, but it was also strange since there was definitely something wrong. But whatever it is it seems to be healing pretty well. Still have no clue what exactly happened, overexertion from running I guess?

Good luck to other posters! As others have mentioned this can be a serious issue so follow up with your doctors!