Neurology Community
Strange warm sensation in foot?

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Strange warm sensation in foot?

For the past two days I have been experiencing a warm periodic sensation in my left heel. It happens like every-hour, sometimes every 30 minutes. When I experience it, the whole back of my heel gets a really warm sensation come over it, it only last about 10 sec’s. It doesn't hurt, and it doesn’t feel hot to touch from the out side. What the heck could this be? In the past I have had this same experience on the same foot but it was on the top of my foot instead, this incident occurred about a year ago, and until now, I hadn't experienced it since.

In the past I had some other strange bodily sensations and went and had test done….
MRI- Brain =clear
MRI-spinal cord=clear
CT scan brain=clear
Blood works=clear
X-Ray C-spine=lordosis
X-Ray spine= spondylolthesis
Otherwise I am a healthy 21 year old mother of one
Thank you for your question. Although without being able to examine you I can not offer you the specific advice on diagnosis and treatment that you need, but I would try to provide you some relevant information about your health concern.

From the symptoms you describe, it sounds that it could be a circulatory disturbance (due to compression of blood vessels) or a nerve pinched.  This may most likely occurs due to any clots in blood vessels and diabetes. I would suggest evaluating all the possibilities with the help of a doctor first. Further referral to a neurologist will surely help you in getting a more precise opinion here. Hope this information proves help you.

Thankyou very kindly for your answer, it has been helpful. It seems half the Dr's i go to, just can't ever give me a simple or straight answer. I will put your answer to them and see what they say. Thanks again, kind regards,
Samantha.
just wondering if you found out what it was? I am a young active grandmother and have spondolitheses and have been having a warm hot flash kind of feeling in my right ankle -kind of like warm water rushing down the inside of my right leg to the ankle.  I sit at a computer all day also- I get up and down alot though. I am leaning toward it being from my low back problems with spondyloltheses though. I have sciatica and pinched nerves on either side from time to time.  Going to the chiropractor when needed for therapy helps alot!
Have you ever learned what it is? I'm having the same issue. I'm 43 yrs old, normal weight, good health (no disease), and have recently been diagnosed with herniation of C4 and C5 in my neck. I just started taking medicine for that but otherwise only take vitamins - but this warm sensation started before meds. Just curious if you had any accompanying back pain where it could be a pinched nerve or if any other health issues have arisen since your post nearly 4 years ago and if that could be what mine is, too.