Stretching leads to massive pain & tingling in shoulder and arm
I was wondering if anyone has had symptoms of tingling in fingertips, sore muscles, tight shoulder and neck muscles due to stretching?

Timeline of events:

Sat: Woke up and stretched...when placing the palms of both hands on back of the neck, standing up, tilting my head backward and leaning back a little and then stretching, I felt something snap or pop in the back of my right shoulder blade.

Ever since this day...I have had pain in my right shoulder, tight neck and tingling in my fingertips and arm since Monday of when the event happened.

I have been to the Chiropractor (on Monday)
Acupuncture on Tuesday, Saturday and Monday of the same week of injury
Family Sports Physician Doctor on Thursday of the same week of injury

Doctor prescribed muscle relaxer and strong anti-inflammatory medicine for a week.  This did not help and ever since then the tingling and soreness has only gotten worse.  I can't sleep really in any position due to the constant pain and soreness.

I am not at wits end because this is affecting my personal and work life, I am an avid volleyball player, dancer, tri-ball player, golfer and ski enthusiast.  From what the doctor said and insurance company said, they recommend Physical Therapy.  I have discussed this with friends and reviewed forums on MedHelp and seems to me I should really go see the Neurologist because my doctor said if PT does not work; then you should go see a Neurologist.  My new dilemma is should I either go see the Neurologist or go see a Orthopedist and skip the Physical Therapy?

Also, my right arm has had a major trauma from a dog bite; so scar tissue might be a factor in my pain in my arm.  The dog bite was a 3 - 4 inch gash on my right elbow with puncture wounds on my bicep and forearm.

Money as of right now is no concern even though I am on a HSA (high deductible), I am cost conscious, but if anyone has feedback on who I should see about this 'pinched' nerve, dislocated shoulder or herniated disc....please let me hear your experience to better my lifestyle if you think it is a dislocated shoulder, pinched nerve, need an MRI or another screen, or if this relates to an experience you suffered.

I would really appreciate it and look forward to your replies.  The picture is exactly what I did but standing up.

Sincerely,

IcemanAZ in Phoenix, AZ
Hi!
Cracking or popping sound in the shoulder (the one you heard when you stretched) is usually due to arthritis of shoulder joint. The other possibility is rotator cuff injury or a torn labrum. Usually torn labrum heals by itself. Physiotherapy is given to strengthen your muscles and to remove the pressure off the labrum. Arthritis is treated by rest, anti-inflammatory medication followed by physiotherapy. Since a confirmed diagnosis cannot be given on net please consult your doctor regarding this. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.