Neurology Community
Sudden Onset of Stapedial Myoclonus?

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Sudden Onset of Stapedial Myoclonus?

This is so weird but here goes...
I have chronic pain in my right shoulder muscles from a car accident years ago.  That's normal.  During our summer vacation, we visited what's called "The Cosmos" in South Dakota.  It's one of those places where water supposedly flows uphill and trees grow in an arc because of the strong magnetic and/or gravitational forces at work in the area.  My husband wanted to go on the tour, but I only lasted about 5 minutes before I was unbelievably nauseated and my right ear drum was flutterting uncontrollably to the point where my eyes were watering and I had to dismiss myself from the tour.  Ever since that tour about 3 weeks ago, the fluttering in my ear drum has continued, though not as strongly and not all the time.  The fluttering does not seem to be sound triggered nor does it happen during sleep.  In fact, I notice the fluttering most often at work where it's very quiet.  I have never had this problem before and am having a difficult time dealing with the inconvenience and somewhat painfulness of having an eardrum that won't sit still.  Any suggestions on what to do about this or treatments to seek out?  I have a doctor's appointment soon, but I prefer to be at least a little bit informed before going in to see the Doc.  Thanks!
well they give you diazepam for it and if it is stapedial myoclonus and diazepam has not worked they might have to do surgery on it.