Sudden loss of consciousness
Hello Doctor,

I am writing on behalf of an elderly male friend (77 years of age), lives alone, who isn't on the Internet.  Has had three bouts of sudden loss of consciousness, collapsing on the floor.  Minor bruises etc. no broken bones.  No memory of his fall or being unconscious at all.  I was present at one of those incidents.  He collapsed on the couch, legs twitched slightly, and hands clenched tightly and relaxed three or four times.  This lasted for about three minutes, when he suddenly sat upright, and continued with our conversation as though nothing had happened.  It worries me more than him.  He said that it is probably due to a bout of labyrithitis he had years ago.

Hope this is sufficient for you.

Many thanks,

Elk.
He is having small bouts of seizures and he has to visit a neurologist to confim the diagnosis and start taking medications as minor seizures are treatable. Take your friend for a neurologist consultation. Take care!