Neurology Community
Sudden loss of control of body/ one side of bod

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, Multiple Sclerosis, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

I have had this for about 2 years. But recently it gotten worst. Whenever i have to suddenly walk or move, like a phone call, getting off a car, getting of an escalator or even starting a jog, i have sensations like my left side of my body lost control. Its like a stroke in a drama serial but i am still able to stand. Sometmes, people call me from a distance and i have to walk, it occurs. Help! :( i am in my late teens and looking for a job with this disease is bad. I cant be a waiter as people will be constantly calling for me.
Avatar dr f tn
Hello and welcome to the medhelp forum. Symptoms of sudden loss of control on lower half of the body after sudden getting up could be due to sciatica or nerve compression from prolonged sitting. You also need to be investigated for mini strokes or TIAs resulting from thrombosis or ischemia. These mini strokes occur due to reversible cessation of blood supply to a particular region in the brain manifesting in loss of sensory and motor function. These are due to thrombosis and embolic phenomenon. You need to be investigated for hypertension, hyperlipidemia or hypercoagulability. These are warning signs of an impending stroke and need to be treated carefully to avoid permanent neurological deficit from a stroke. Hope this helps. Take care.
Yeah! Thank you! But it even occurs even though i was sitting or lying down before. I get on to an elevator, i stand for a short period of time, then when i have to get out, i cant really walk properly. I cant bend my joints on my limbs, sometimes i force myself to walk out with a limp. But this only happens occasianally, like when i expect it to happen.
Avatar n tn
Please help!

I'm also having this for over an year

Please help
Do you lock up too? Like when this happens to me my right side locks up so I appear to be standing like a flamingos
This happens to me too, for about two years, except when i walk the right side of my body locks up and makes me stand in am odd position almost like a flamingo on one leg