Sudden numbness/tingling in both feet
I woke up four days ago with numbness/tingling in the balls of both feet that has not gone away. I am not on any medication presently. I had Lyme disease 4 months ago. I took antibiotics for a month and didn't feel any ill effects. About a month ago I felt a little dizzy and tired in the middle of the day for no reason, but went away after about a week. Only other change in my life has been the fact I started working out again after about 12 months off. I have been riding my bike 15 miles a day and then doing about 45 minutes of weightlifting and aerobics. I am 42 years old, 6' 2" 235lbs. Any ideas?
Thanks for writing in.
Your symptoms could be due to peripheral neuropathy due to diabetes or B12 deficiency. Other possibility is pinched nerve due to ill fitting shoes. The nerve that supplies the balls of the feet splits at the ankle any pressure on the nerve due to ill fitted shoes or too much exercise can lead to numbness in balls of feet.
I would suggest you to go easy on your daily exercise regimen and see if it helps.