Neurology Community
Sudden sensation of heat in left foot

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Sudden sensation of heat in left foot

I recently began experiencing a sudden sensation of heat in my left foot.  I comes and goes several times during the day.  There is no pain with it at all, but it is worrisome.  I don't know whether to wait and see if it goes away, or consult a doctor.  Has anyone had this strange symptom and been able to find out what it was?

This discussion is related to Strange sensation of heat.
Avatar_dr_m_tn
There are nerve receptors which are receptive to : cold, heat, pain etc. So there is something which is irritating your receptors which is causing heat. The most common reason is local allergy or irritant which is causing. Try some anti histamines if it does not help you have to visit a neurologist. Take care!
I do not understand what kind of allergy or irritant you are talking about.  I know what anti histamines are and how they work, but what would these have to do with nerve receptors that travel to the foot?  I appreciate your input.
I just recently experienced the same thing, while at work I had this strange since of heat sensation to come over my left foot, there was no pain just a surge of heat.  I just recently sprained my ankle in March and it is not quite healed it's still a little tender on the ankle bone and around the backside of my ankle and I wonder if the heat sensation is due to my sprain or if it is something else.  If anyone has the answer please respond.

Linda