Neurology Community
Suggestions From Someone that's Been through it!

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Dear Tina:

I had the exact surgery. I had fusions at L 3/4 and L4/5 after 2 discectomies and I am now permanently disabled along with major nerve damage. If you decide to do this, think long and hard!!! I wasn't ever able to return to work after the surgery even though i tried and still live in pain and have to go to pain management every two months for the many many pain pills and muscle relaxers I now have to take.

Also, After 10 or so years you WILL have to have surgery on the level above and the level below possibly because all the brunt of what you do from now on is put on those discs and they begin to break down. Now I've then been waiting for over a year just to try and get a hearing for my social security disability and then there's no guarantee I will get it once I get the hearing. So please think long and hard about it and check out the dr. you use and talk to previous clients if at all possible that he or she has done this same procedure on. This is very important: Make sure that it is only an Neuro-Surgeon that does your surgery! They are the best at this and know exactly what to do without causing so much nerve damage. I wasn't so lucky and my second surgery was a botch and messed me up bad!!! If you are anywhere near Atlanta I can recommend a great Neurosurgeon to you that is amazing and very caring Tina. Feel feel to contact me at sthrn_boy***@**** and I'll let you know more.

Good luck and my prayers are with you!