Sunburn Sensation & Hypersensitivity

For the past few months I have had a sensation of sunburn all over my back.

There is no apparent redness, rash or indication of any skin condition. Because if this the skin on my back is hypersensitive and feels so hot that leaning against the car seat or sitting in a chair is extremely uncomfortable. Clothing anywhere, even an underwear band is uncomfortable. The intense heat sensation is only on the back (upper and lower) and not apparent anywhere else on my chest or limbs. I have recently been diagnosed with Raynaud's phenomenon (feet only).

I would be very grateful for any advice or reassurance.

I get that too.It feels like a sunburn from the indside out.I get it on my neck,shoulders,back and face.It is definatly neurological in origin. I too have Raynauds but it mostly affects my handsI also have Allodynia .Pain from stimuli which are not normally painful. The pain may occur other than in the area stimulated.
You need to see a Neurologists and a Rheumatologists asap.
Take Care, Theresa
Thank you for your question. Although without being able to examine you I can not offer you the specific advice on diagnosis and treatment that you need, but I would try to provide you some relevant information about your health concern.

Burning or heating sensation, numbness or tingling sensation in any part of body is considered nerve related in origin. Burning sensation you are having can occur due to impingement, irritation or compression of nerve of back. I would advise a neurologist consultation in this regard who would like to order MRI scan of spine, blood sugar levels, and clinically examine you. Hope this information proves helpful to you. Take care.

Thank you very much for your prompt reply I am very grateful.

I will post on progress with my Gp/consultant.
Still have not had a any diagnosis. Skin feels tight and sore.
Did you ever get a diagnosis? I have the same symptoms as you: burning sensation all over body with no temperature; skin is so sensitive to touch, even a pirec of cloth passing over my leg will set off the pain; skin feels tight. Numbness tiongling, too. I also have GERD and other symptoms. Do you have shortness of breath?
I have this exact same thing, its getting worse and worse and is starting to effect my sleep. Did yours ever go away or is it permanant?

I have no other health issues.
my roommate has also started complaining of a sunburn sensation and what she calls "prickles" for lack of better term. she has spondolothesis and complicated migrains. could this be a cause as well? also borderline diabetic. any orthopedic neurologists out there have an answer? the sensitivity seems to last about 2 hrs before going away.
Hi i have had this in my lower part of my back for about 2weeks it has know gone down into my right leg just at the top. I have been to my doctors and he says this is nothing to worry about..... How can they say this.... My fingers swell and im putting weight on even tho im on a stricked diet (and no i dont cheat) please could some one help me im really worried xx
I wanted to comment because of the incredible treatment I have received after going to my Doctor with a “sunburn” sensation.  I ended up going to a GP that referred me to a Rheumatologist.  The GP took blood and found ANA and RF abnormalities.  The vampire (thankfully) Rheumatologist has found D, B12 deficiencies, as well as anemia.  I gave more blood to check for an iron issue and am hoping that this is a b12 problem.  I was taking Ibuprofen regularly that seems to hinder the ability to absorb B12.  I felt better within 2 days of starting sublingual b12 and now need nothing more for discomfort.  Long and short of any of this is go to your doctor and be your own advocate!!  My Rheumatologist made me say this out loud several times so I could tell a future doctor what it is in which I have been diagnosed: Dysesthesia.  He said that it is difficult for the average Dr. to take you seriously sometimes when you have a host of odd symptoms.  I am not 100% sure that b12 is my only issue and have a brain MRI, nuclear bone scan and several x-rays scheduled for next week, but the deficiency was definitely making me feel like I had sunburn with no visual indicators and I am not stuck at home with a useless bottle of antibiotics waiting years for anything to progress or be diagnosed.  Don’t wait.  Anemia in men is not too common and if my iron comes back low I am going in for a colonoscopy.  Sooner is better than later.  Good luck and I hope that even a small part of this information encourages you to push forward to find the answers.  This is not a normal symptom.
I received all of my test results and my anemia was caused from B12 deficiency.  I feel better than I have in some time because of B12 supplements.  This was it for me and would have gone undiagnosed for a long, long time without being personally vigilant and having the right doctor.  Good luck!!
Thank you so much for posting this I have been having this burning in my right thigh for the last 8 days. It keeps me up at night every time something touched it I would wake up. Going to go get B-12 I will let you know the results.
Did you say that your skin also felt tight at times? My hands burn and feel tight, and then I get symptoms similar to Reynolds with the circulation in my hand. I think I do possibly have a b12 deficiency, I need to check my labs again, but also was told it might be my eczema. But I can usually get rid of that and it doesn't constantly feel like burning unless I itch real bad. My hands look inflamed, like fluid filled, glossy(like a burn) and my skins tight, but its been about a year now. I did have a run in with bleach when this first started happening(I was just cleaning a bathroom and my joints and skin started tingling). Idk how to make it stop, I try to moisturize but its not healing.