Neurology Community
Super quick migraine question

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Super quick migraine question

Does migraine headache pain get worse when doing things like coughing, vomiting, and changing positions back and forth from laying, sitting, standing, etc.?

Thanks!
My word, yes.  I used to vomit at the 3-hour mark every time I had one as a kid, which was probably once a month or once every two months.  That is, until mom and I observed that I needed to take medication within 30 minutes of headache onset.  For me even aspirin worked back in the days before ibuprofen, but I also had a lot of nose bleeds, probably because of all the aspirin.  But it was worth that problem to turn the headache off before it got started and avoid all that nausea and vomiting.  

Even though the migraine got better about 5 minutes after I vomited, the spike in pain was just awful when I vomited.  

So take Advil or Excedrin Migraine or whatever works best for you within 30 minutes of onset (so keep it with you at all times).  Go to a dark room.  Light is very unpleasant, as are noise and odors.  A cold cloth to the forehead and eye area helps a lot.  For nausea you can put something cold on the back of the neck.  
Thanks!