Supraorbital Neuralgia- Decompression Surgery
I have been diagnosed with supraorbital neuralgia. The pain is getting more frequent and is not tolerable even when taking the pain medications. I have taken several medications to try and prevent the pain such as Topamax, Neurontin, Trileptal, Lyrica, Elavil, Baclofen, Effexor, Lorazepam,  and others. Nothing seems to prevent the neuralgia. I've had a stimulator implant, radiofrequency and botox injections in my forehead. A large heavy metal pipe fell across my face in 2003 and broke my nose but it healed fine with only a little brusing. Prior to that accident I was having typical migraines but they seem to be more localized on my ride eyebrow after the accident. I had sinus surgery 8 months ago because the ENT doctor thought it would help the neuralgia, but it had no affect.

I have given up on anti seizure medications due to their not helping and undesirable side effects and most of the medications I found hard to adjust to and hard to quit taking when they did not help causing a lot of nausea which I have almost daily anyway sometimes before the pain starts and sometimes after the pain starts. The pain seems to be worsened by barometric pressure changes, anxiety, and possibly fluid retention.

My pain doctor is recommending a C2-C3 nerve block or Phenol injected into the nerve.  I do have a lot of pain in my neck and adjustments used to sometimes give me some relief for a few days but no longer do so I've stopped getting them.

I am also considering is decompression surgery to the supraorbital nerve if the C2 blocks do not help.

Is this type of pain often helped with the C2 block and is the surgery recommended? I've read some about the surgery and my doctor has recommended a surgeon if I decide on the surgery. Do you have any recommendations. Thank you.
Patty