Neurology Expert Forum
Surgery/Retrolisthesis
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Fibromyalgia, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Surgery/Retrolisthesis

I recently was given an MRI which showed the following:At T12,L1-2mm central bulge,L1,l2-1mm central bulge. L4,l5 2mm Retrolisthesis.there is also a 3mm circumferental bulge witha 4mm right paracentral predominance. At L5,S1 there is a 3mm Retrolisthesis. There is a 3mm circumferential bulge with slight left paracentral predominance. There is no evidence of central spinal canal stenosis or significant neural foraminal narrowing at any level. There is decreased normal lordosis. There is mild to moderate disc dessication (desiccation) at L4,L5 and L5,S1. There is mild decreased height at L4,L5.
A Discogram taken a year earlier showed severed narrowing at both L4,L5 and L5,S1 and doctors were alreading advising an Inter body Fusion with discetomy. Now with the findings of the MRI the same advice was given, specially because of the Retrolisthesis. A second opinion was sought with the same conclusion. My contidion is severe low back pain,spasms, stiffness and in the last 7months my left thigh has gone numb. The numbnes is only up to the knee, lateral and front with some numbness in the buttock region. Is this surgery really necessary, and what can you tell me about Retrolisthesis? I've researched it but only find info on Spondylolisthesis more than Retrolisthesis. Heavy lifting is required at my work, is it still advisable since I have this retrolisthesis? I know the pain factor shouldn't be the reason for the surgery but I have been suffering for almost 3 years and the numbness has gotten worse. Thanks for any advice.