Surroundings becoming weird and fast/intense/loud
I first experienced this weird sensation when i was a child and had a bad fever/illness in bed. Suddenly my entire surroundings in my bedroom became very intense and everything around me became fast and almost louder in my mind, although they weren't in reality.

Ever since then i sometimes (about once every few months) experience this odd sensation and it can become a bit worrying and strange.

The whole room seems to have a new feeling to it- everything im doing whether it be walking or typing seems to intensify and become louder yet the actions are very exaggerated and almost speed up (only perceived this way). I find it very difficult to explain fully but i'm worried it's some early signs of a neurological condition or something?

It usually only onsets when i'm alone and have a lot of silence for a while...?

Does you know what this could be, please?
this is so wild... i too have experienced this sporadically throughout my life without any explanation. interesting that most of you have shared some type of illness where as I did not. the first time it happened i was laying in bed and my stucco ceiling seemed to .. morph.. if you will, from calm and relaxed to extremely stabby and abrasive, after a while I began to feel like i could almost control its mood, though in the beginning it was just visual, no auditory reactions. Now as an adult (25) after years of not experiencing this it is back with a vengeance. the person who explained the shaving incident was spot on. today i had quite a bad episode where i went running from my house to escape the violent atmosphere of the room only to realize i brought my brain with me and the sound of the crickets and the lawn mowers and birds chirping all seemed so intensely amplified and abrasive that i found myself in tears. this one lasted longer than any one previous and this is the first time in my life that i have had a horrible headache afterwards with long lasting auditory sensitivities.. wild that so many of us have gone through this and not one person has ever been given an explanation. i am a Pisces, no major health concerns, no migraines, no anything. I've read a lot about alice in wonderland syndrome and it does have some similarities though i've never had any issues with the enlargement of body parts... i always know I'm here and am aware it is happening.. there just doesn't seem to be any way to stop it once it starts building up..
very strange, best of luck everybody!
"The violent feeling," sums it up perfectly for me.  What I have read these symptoms parallels what schizophrenics go through. Its just more on a daily basis with the added layers of paranoia and visual hallucinations.
Yep.
All i did was search everything gets loud and here we go. I wish the internet was around when i was growing up.
Anyway. I'm 36 now and i used to get this all the time when i was a kid, like 5-10 years old. At first it was scary but after a while i got used to it and i remember i could make it happen and turn it off again at will. Then i totally forget about it until i was about 16 and it happened again and scared the **** out me. Then i remembered all the episodes from when i was a kid...
It always happens in bed and I used to call it "the violent feeling" and it felt like the air would get loud and and everything would have an ominous presence. I would also hear voices and (this is one thing i didn't read in any comments) the voices would always be calling my name, some whispering,some yelling, some speaking flatly etc. many voices some that i knew like my parents and some i didn't recognise calling my name. There were also other voices saying other things but that was like background rabble that i couldn't understand.
Whatever it is, it is soo weird and triply. Ive done DMT and it's nothing to compare, I have also have experienced panic attacks, which i think are closer.
Someone talked about this earlier and I too was,(still am) thinking tis could be some kind of anxiety thing. But having experienced both i will say that they are a bit different. Really weird but interesting Phenomena.
yeah i did. Though Im not sure which happened first.
Ok I'm sitting hear randomly and a memory of this happening to me as a kid just popped into my head and i can remember everything that happened that night. To the point where i can remember what the voices i heard were talking about (American Idol). I'm in my 20s now and i just decided to lool up symptoms to this crazy thing and i find hundreds of stories explaning EXACTLY what went through. Normal conversations seemed 100x louder, everything seemed sped up and i was little paranoid to be honest. It's cool thinking back on it now but as it was happening it was extremely frustrating and i all i wanted, NEEDED was complete silence. It hasn't recently or anything i just remember it so vividly. It happned maybe 5 more times and i guess i "grew" out of them. Idk. Weird no one is talking about this. It's creepy.
Also i may have had a fever when t happened so intensely... Like many other people were too.
I've never thought to look this up till about a month ago. I've been experiencing this as long as I can remember. I hear everything super loud and sped up and it seems like I'm doing this faster. But my own thoughts are too fast to understand and they are extremely loud, it sounds like a bunch of voices talking at once. It happened very often when I was a child and then just happened once in a while. About a year ago it started happening pretty frequently again. I've tried explaining it to people but I just sound crazy. I would love a diagnosis. I've tried things to get rid of it like slowing my breathing or listening to music but I just get frustrated and more stressed. It last for about 5-10 minutes, sometimes longer. It usually happens when I'm alone and have been quiet for awhile.
Just had a similar sensation and decided to google it. For me it does not distort perception of size and touch, but only perception of speed, and sound, and worst of all my own thoughts. They all get distorted, and the sensations intensify.
What I wanted to add to the discussion is that I noticed very well right now exactly what triggered it, and before I get into it I wanna add that as many others I've frequently had this sensation from as far back into my childhood as I can remember. My thoughts would in a way become autonomous, and I would not only hear one voice, but usually about 5-6-7 voices all shouting at me, and they were not shouting nice things either. Quite traumatic indeed.
Back to the present I still experience it, I'd say, perhaps every other month on average. And describing how it was just lead on: I was sitting here concetrating, and trying to start write an academical "article", and there was construction workers going at it outside of my house, and I'm in the basement, alone, silent, except from the rather intense vibration from the machines the construction workers are using to dig, and to cut asphalt. So these vibrations and the static constant sound it makes, and after about 5 minutes of not even really noticing them, an unusually strong "attack", if I can call it that, was set of - and it really was not pleasant at all :p About 15 minutes later it stopped, and I started googling.
I know that correlation does not necessarily equal causation, but it seems to logical to ignore. I'll also add that I've had some physical strain earlier in the day which led to me at a point being unbearably dehydrated, and following this was several hours of hard concentration in lectures.
i used to get this about once a month from being about 8 to 15, and don't remember the real last time I had it until 15 minutes ago.
For some reason I was thinking about it in bed, my touch went very sensitive, and I knew it was coming on! Next thing everything's loud, struggling to touch things because it brings it on more!
Decided to have a shower, but didn't help - was too loud!
I'm glad I'm not alone! when I was a child I used to put my fingers in my ears and watch tv to make it go.
All the best to all who are blessed/not so blessed with this gift!
Hey guys ,I had same experience as you have guys ,exactly same things happening ,at the time I was 15 I couldn't bear it anymore ,so my parents took me to psychologist and he put me on a 2 different drugs ,and the dosage was king of high ,like 2 pills of each morning and and same thing at night ,as soon as I started taking pills it stopped ,I just took pills for 6 months and after that I never had the experience ,I am now 34 ,almost 20 years passing with no problem ,ask for medical help ,googling will not treat you ,I know how bad the experience is ,get some help from a professional
It's happening to me right now.. Kinda scary but it eventually stops. So it's a neurological issue? By the time I finished creating my account it stopped! lol Lasted maybe 10 minutes. I've had these "attacks" just every now and then as long as I can remember. I'm now 22 years old.
Just to add a few things. When I experience these "attacks" or "episodes", everything seems to be louder, in fast forward, and feels bigger. So our senses are all intensified then? I've never really been able to describe it to anyone. I've never tried to really. I was actually kinda excited to find this forum. That's all for now but I will continue to watch for more information on our "condition".
Hypersensitivity I put it to
I have just read all the comments above and hadn't realised the condition was so common. I used to suffer from these episodes from being around 10 years old to going to college. It always happened before sleep.  Occasionally they would be quite prolonged, which was extremely distressing. I never heard voices, just the accerated, amplified sensation of all sounds around me and the heightened sensitivity to touch. The clock in the hallway would tick very loudly and far too quickly and the room didn't feel friendly. Passing traffic in the street would sound urgent and threatening. Sometimes they would Iast almost 30 minutes. I would lay very still and concentrate on "bringing myself down" and eventually it would stop. I tried to rationalise the sensations, even felt my pulse and watch the second hand on my watch. My heart beat definitely sped up during the episodes. No epilepsy or migraine in my medical history. Not pleasant but all in the past now. I am 65 and haven't felt a single episode in 45 years. Thank goodness...and I wasn't alone. I wish I had known that then!
I have suffered from this audible condition since I was at least in kindergarten, maybe even younger. I do remember being about that age having a very severe illness accompanied with a bad fever. That night I struggled to sleep at all, but when I did sleep, I had absolutely CRAZY BIZARRE dreams where time, space, and reality were completely inverted! I can't even conceptualize what I experienced in memory any more except to describe that whatever I was dreaming about, the very fabric of all space and time hung in the balance, at least in my mind. It was very scary at the time.

That moment seems to be the crux of this condition for me personally. Since that time, I began to have daytime experiences where time felt amplified and sound seemed louder. I don't know if louder is even the right word. I've always described it as everyone talking sounds angrier and intense.  Throughout elementary school these episodes would happen frequently. I found them obnoxious because they kept me from being able to concentrate on the lessons. They never scared me, though. They were always short lived - maybe 10 minutes in length. I've never been seen by a doctor or psychologist about it. I've always had a very hard time describing what it's like sufficiently to make others understand the condition. It's a miracle I even found this discussion thread; I've never had any luck Googling the symptoms.

Now as an adult they don't happen nearly as frequently. I'm 33 now. May once a month or so. However, it is interesting to consider as I read through this thread that I do now in my adulthood experience migraines associated with intense, nauseating headaches behind my eyes and temples. They also occur about once a month. They almost always start an hour or two before bed time, and if I don't treat them immediately, will end up forcing me up in the middle of the night with severe pain and nausea.  I often have to walk around the block at 3am just to  pass the time while I wait for medication to kick in.

Just this last Friday I had my latest audible episode while typing in a quiet office at work.  Then that night I had my latest monthly migraine, and it had the horrible timing of coming on just before a Garth Brooks concert I was in line to attend. The loud noise and bright lights were enough to send me spiraling!  I stayed at the concert a.) because it was expensive and b.) I was there more for my wife who was doing one of her most important bucket list items of her life. :-) But I did have to get up and walk the empty corridors of the arena for several minutes just to escape the intensity of the concert. Then Sunday morning I got ANOTHER migraine! I NEVER get them that close together, let alone during the day. It was frustrating.
i have the same feeling. Its like everything is going really fast and so am i. i find it hard to talk because i feel as if i am talking way too fast and they can notice. even everything i do is almost completely over exaggerated even by the simplest things. i get scared people can notice it is happening. i am 15 and this happens alomst twice a week and its scary. has someone got a name for it yet?
I'm also 15 and I hve the exact intensified sounds. Everything seems louder and like everything is speeding up than normal.  
I have experienced this and my 11 year old just told me he had his first episode on Monday. He's scared and this just makes me sad. I wish I could take that feeling away from him and just feel it for him. Wish there was help but again I am glad I found this site.
I've had these episodes since and child and just experienced another and found this forum through googling - relieved that others are experiencing the same thing. Has anyone got any conclusive answers as to what these episodes are? They've always been quite unpleasant for me and it's hard to snap yourself out of them.
I've had these for almost 2 years and I hope this helps you all...
This EXACT incident you are all describing that I'm reading sounds just like my focal seizures. I had a brain injury from the military, that has caused generalized seizures as well as focal seizures (the ones you guys are talking about). My doc found it through an EEG.
What happens to me: its triggered by dead silence (I always walk around with headphones to avoid triggering this). If they do happen, everything gets very loud, and my head feels like its filling up with air. Then, sounds are either too fast or too slow and depending on the speed of sound, I think I'm moving too fast or too slow. Mine are lasting anywhere from 3-8 minutes but I'm also on seizure meds for generalized seizures as well. Hope this helps!
this song is the best way to describe what it's like when I have an episode:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Va2kfyoMBzE
I didn't think I would be able to find any information on this since its so hard to describe when googling. It seems like we have all experienced this since childhood which is weird too! I used to be able to make it happen and "control" it kind of. It used to be calming to me as a child but as I got older it would give me panic attacks. I am 26 and it never happens anymore but I could probably make it happen if I focused on a white noise sound. It feels just like everyone is describing. Has anyone figured out what it is? So glad I'm not alone or crazy!
You have just explained in a very clear way exactly what happened to me. Minus the migraines.
I had a spider bite when I was 7 years old that made me quite ill with a high fever. My father took me to the hospital to have a blood test and the whole thing was quite traumatizing for me. Later that night I had a nightmare that continued as I woke up of doctors looming over me talking in a loud and intense way. From then on I had these moments that we are all talking about during the day. Episodes of intense, loud, distorted time that lasted about 3-5 minutes. It did not effect my vision. Nothing was distorted visually just audibly. I was never scared, it was more annoying than anything else. It always went away when I got distracted by something else but I did try to listen to music  or watch tv to try to get it to stop.
I am now 44 and it has not happened in many years. And now that I think about it it seemed to go away after I had my daughter when I was 40. So it occurred about once a year well into my 30's. When I was a kid I told my Dad about it and he told me he had had these moments as well and had never met anyone else who had it.
As I got older it became more of a fascination but it was very annoying as a child. It is affirming to see so many people with the same experience. My guesses about it was that it was an inner ear thing, but I also liked to imagine we were magical and could experience life in another dimension.
I'm sorry for the folks here who are really disturbed by it. Sounds horrible. Everyone has different twists to the same syndrome but it mostly sounds like something you grow out of.
Just to add that i also have this. The best descriptions for me were on page 1. All sounds and thoughts are in a shouting tone. So strange!

I started keeping a journal on when these would happen. Looking through the entries i see that in almost every one i've had a cigarette just prior and also potentially some coffee. Mine certainly seems tied to those, as well as stress (uni exams, money problems). My episodes last no longer than 10 mins.

Just like most others, my experience goes all the way back to childhood (and i wasn't smoking or drinking coffee back then! Don't worry)

Will keep an eye on this thread to see if anyone finds anything new out! Take care
It took me a long time to find this forum just because it was really hard to even describe my symptoms...  The person on page one described it perfectly.  I've been getting these "episodes" since I was a kid, they would happen pretty frequently.  Now its every once in a while.  I've also noticed that these generally happen when I'm either very tired or stressed out.  I do not suffer from migraines like past people have commented.

When I get these episodes its like every sound is very exaggerated, but not in volume...  I hope that makes sense.  Its more like the "tone" of the sound is altered, not the volume at which I perceive.  These episodes usually only last for like a max of 10 minutes.  I've researched AIWS and while some symptoms are similar, I've never experienced the visual symptoms.  Its all auditory.

The episodes don't impact my daily functioning at all, especially now that they happen so infrequently.  I'm just extremely curious.
I have the same exact thing. I did more research. Look up exploding head syndrome, that was the closest explanation to what I've or we all have been experiencing. Hope this helped
I'm so happy to know that there are so many people with this and that I'm not crazy. I have had these episodes for as long as I can remember and I am currently 18. I just had one of the most intense episodes I have ever had while shaving in the shower, all I could hear was the pounding of the water and it seemed as if I was moving a million miles per hour. That was all completely normal for me, what was different this time was that I kept on thinking that I was shaving my skin off and actually "seeing" it, I was really freaking out and started shaking and stuff, so I finished and Googled this. I'm pretty bummed that no one really knows what this is, but I'm happy to know I'm not alone.
just based on googling it's not same symptoms as exploding head . exploding head imagines a loud bang sound for the sufferer like a gunshot or explosion when what described on this forum is all of the sound around us being very loud and agressive
im so glad that there are so many other people with this happening it used to happen frequently when I was younger then after years it just happened to me again all noise got really loud and aggressive like everything was angry like my footsteps everything my fan was on and so loud its so annoying though not being able to find a straight answer or a name for it on the internet this is the only forum I've found that's definitely the same thing the closest thing I could find is alice in wonderland syndrome but even that seems diferent  
ok now I really think its symptoms of Alice in wonder land syndrome because it contains the exact same symptoms I have with aggressive noise but I don't perceive things to be different sizes which is another symptom of alice in wonderland syndrome
I have also experienced this since a young age and still find it totally terrifying and overwhelming. For me it tends to occur when i'm alone trying to get to sleep. All sound becomes overwhelming even the rustling of my duvet sounds like an earthquake and additionally i feel like i'm moving a million miles an hour. I find that if i talk out loud that sometimes helps me to control it.
This only happens to me when I wake up from a really bad fever. The first time I encountered this was .. as I was slowly waking up, I felt that my blanket was made of glass and when I moved it and pulled it away from me, it felt like I was removing several sheets of metal above me; it felt heavy and cold and I could hear metal scratching against metal sounds. I remember feeling scared that my brain was somehow going to explode. Also moving felt like I was doing it a million times over in a span of a second, I was sweating so heavily then, like I had the most intense workout I've ever had. I hurriedly turned on my fan and directed it at me, trying my best to ignore that intense feeling. Somehow though I instinctively thought that listening to music would help, despite my hearing feeling very intense. Oddly enough music sounded normal, and it helped me gain "full consciousness" (as I would say). It happened to me 4 more times after that (several months apart). Sometimes having mini episodes a few hours after the first big one. And listening to music always helped. Sometimes I challenge myself and walk around while having an episode. I have already made a checklist of what to do when it happens. 1. Sit up right 2. Relax 3. Fan 4. Music 5. Get water 6. Go back to where you were sitting .. I don't know, it helps me get back to normal.

It's a really weird feeling cause you know what was happening wasn't normal, and you're fully conscious. I have a theory actually. Maybe the brain thinks you're still asleep? So what it does is it intensifies your movements in an attempt to make you stop moving .. or wake you up. The brain is trying to prevent you from sleep walking or something. But the problem is, you're already awake, so how can you wake up? Or maybe there's this one part of your brain that hasn't "woken up" yet? Something that has got to do with controlling/filtering your senses.

I haven't had an episode since June of 2014. And honestly, I don't know if I want to experience it again, or not. Though I've never forgotten how it felt, I feel like, I could get more theories or answers from it if it happens to me again.

Btw I'm 18 (2015), 19 (2016). And I recall having something similar to Alice In Wonderland Syndrome back when I was a kid, whenever I had a really bad fever. I remember feeling scared. It's like imagining you being squished through a hole as small as a needle's eye and despite knowing it's impossible, you're bothered by the images/feeling of you going through it as if it was in fact possible. I don't think it's claustrophobia. I think it's the fear of things not matching up or following the rules of reality that bothered me most .. if that makes sense? It's very hard to explain. And it just sounds very plain when you have it written down. It's simply an unexplainable feeling.
This only happens to me when I wake up from a really bad fever. The first time I encountered this was .. as I was slowly waking up, I felt that my blanket was made of glass and when I moved it and pulled it away from me, it felt like I was removing several sheets of metal above me; it felt heavy and cold and I could hear metal scratching against metal sounds. I remember feeling scared that my brain was somehow going to explode. Also moving felt like I was doing it a million times over in a span of a second, I was sweating so heavily then, like I had the most intense workout I've ever had. I hurriedly turned on my fan and directed it at me, trying my best to ignore that intense feeling. Somehow though I instinctively thought that listening to music would help, despite my hearing feeling very intense. Oddly enough music sounded normal, and it helped me gain "full consciousness" (as I would say). It happened to me 4 more times after that (several months apart). Sometimes having mini episodes a few hours after the first big one. And listening to music always helped. Sometimes I challenge myself and walk around while having an episode. I have already made a checklist of what to do when it happens. 1. Sit up right 2. Relax 3. Fan 4. Music 5. Get water 6. Go back to where you were sitting .. I don't know, it helps me get back to normal. Oh!! And talking to myself out loud helps too, even when it feels awful to do so.

I had this much more often when I was younger. I stopped it with talking with my family members or simply just hearing people talk. At first it sounds as if the people are fighting, but somehow my brain stops the panic thinking and I'm back to normal. Recently it's happened to me again and I didn't just block it out like I usually do, but I went online and found this post. I calmed myself with Mozart music. It really does the work. I have all the symptoms that you wrote and I would really like to know the name of the episodes that are happening to us. I also discovered that when I'm reading an online book on my laptop, the letters become very distanced and it looks as if the screen is far far away from me. Really unusual experience.
I found this post because my 5 year old has been experiencing very much what you are all explaining. Tonight was maybe the 4th time she has explained voices going very fast and sometimes people and movements as well. She said then it just stops. She said sometimes it starts out calm and just gets faster and faster... She is an articulate kid and I don'tthink she's making if up. I plan on calling the Dr. But I'm just not sure how to explain it. She was so upset that I couldn't feel or hear the same thing.
Well all I can say is thank god for the internet!!  I've never been able to describe these 'fits' properly - I just did not have the vocab to do them justice!!  I had the from a very young age - I just remember always having them.  I would be able to feel them 'coming on'; usually whilst concentrating on something - playing, listening to music, and almost always when alone.  Sometimes I'd even 'bring them on' deliberately just because I found it fascinating - the intense feeling almost felt like a presence was with me, listening in.....If I was listening to music, it sounded as though the tune was going to fast for the the singer who was desperately trying to keep up!  Or if I was doing homework, it felt as though my hand wasn't able to keep up with my pen....I could hear my own voice inside my head, giving a running commentary on what I was doing - I found that bit kinda irritating!!  

I first mentioned it to my mum when I was around twelve and because I mentioned 'a voice' she gave me a look which I knew meant, 'oh shite, she's hearing voices, she's a total nutcase'...!!  I tried to explain how it was only my own voice and not some evil entity telling me to do evil things!!!  My mum just didn't get it so I didn't say any more 'til many years later!  I just presumed everyone had these little episodes but as I got older, I realised it wasn't a common thing so I kept it quiet!  

Although I always had them, they became more irregular depending on the stage of my life - more frequent during 'exam' times - GCSEs, A'Levels, Uni....I tried again explaining it to a housemate at uni who also found it fascinating and he told me to 'come find him' if/when it happened again so he could observe it...!  So one, very late night, I woke him up and told him it was happening and I just sat and chatted to him, had a cigarette and as it started to subside, I went back to my own room.  The next day he told me I was acting like I was on speed!  He said I'd smoked the cigarette in around 20 seconds - I think he was a tad freaked out!

Now this will, I know, sound a wee bit stupid, but I don't seem to have my little 'brain fits' anymore and I kinda miss them!!!  I'm 38 now and haven't had one for around 6 or 7 years....The last one, I brought on myself to see if they were still 'there'....I've recently experienced sleep paralysis a couple times and it's made me realise that I used to have them when I was a child and must have blocked them from my memory....It reminded me of these 'episodes' and I tried to 'bring them on' but I'm not able to anymore....I realise how ridiculous it sounds and I don't actually 'want' them back but I'd got so used to it, it was like a part of me that just drifted away!!

The AIW explanation doesn't seem to fit exactly because it was never about perception of size for me, only speed and volume and the intensity element....I'd just presumed I was mental for years so stopped mentioning it!!  

Thanks to everyone posting - it's been a fascinating read!
This post just snapped me out of one of these fits. After some research AIWS sounds about right. It really is a weird experience.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alice_in_Wonderland_syndrome
I really wish someone would name this. But Im starting to also think its a type of Alice in Wonderland syndrome. Ive also had symptoms of classic AIW such as size distortions. Reading everyones descriptions of the thoughts symptoms,  It's almost me to a T. Interesting, the childhood onset, often with fevers.  is a commonality. As is being alone and quiet.  Today was the first time since I was a kid to have the fast, loud mind experience. Im 46 now. Apparently its benign because with all of us who have had it and no real medical information....well I hope it's benign lol.  Im really glad I found this!
Hi - Im a 28 year old female and Ive been experiencing this since I was a kid. Mostly every few months but recently more often -  like when Im taking a bath, or when it's really quiet. I am kinda scared that I might be sick in the head. Help?
Something similar also happens to me. While objects don't appear larger, they sometimes feel larger in my hands. For example, as I type this, my iPhone feels like it's 3-4 times its normal size. Thoughts that I have are often yelled, they feel aggressive, as does my perception of minor and regular sounds, like a sniff, or the sound of a button being clicked. It is very bizzare and happens to me once or twice a year.
Also, any regular/Normal movements i make feel very aggressive and exaggerated.
Yeah happens to me as well, specially when at night at its dark, quiet and I read. Try reading at night, it usually triggers it.

We should make a facebook group about this!

Do you guys have ASMR as well? Google/Youtube it, it's blown up now, starting from forums like these.
I'm 15 years old and I,ve been going through this since I was about 12. I feel exactly the same thing you described. Idk what it is or what it could be
I have the same thing!! I started experiencing mine about 2 years ago when I was sick in bed with a fever and I still have them to this day. I'm having one right now actually. I'm in high school so almost everytime I take a test it happens or if I'm in class and everyone is typing a paper or something like that it happens. I used to experience something similar to this when I was younger, sometimes when I was in bed trying to fall asleep it felt like everything was getting bigger and my walls were closing in on me and it would eventually stop. They weren't the same thing but they are similar.
I forgot to mention what specifically happens to me during these "attacks" I guess you could call them..everything gets bigger in a way..but somehow it's not everything at once it's every individual thing is bigger and everything around me is really far away but things are coming at me and it feels like everything is attacking me, and with my hands everything feels really gritty, and all sounds are extremely instensifies, and if im trying to concentrate on something it's impossible (i already have ADHD and don't take medicine for it so that could have something to do with it), and in my head everything I think of is screaming at me and if im not thinking anything it feels like there is something in my head trying to get out. this happens to me at least twice a week for about 5-10 minutes each
Totally with you on all of what you've said. I've done Psylocybin and high doses of Cannabis and the effects are similar. Definitely not ADHD or panic attack linked though it is similar.

Everything slows down and then magnifies. It's like you can travel INTO what you're looking at. I wear a heart rate monitor in bed and as long as I don't panic (completely separate emotion) I can remain within the experience until I fall asleep, which I rarely remember. My heart rate is not particularly raised - maybe slightly but nothing like a panic attack - which I had once when I had my drink spiked.

It's definitely linked to stress and concentration.

I've had many feelings over the years through my exploration of my psyche about being able to travel "into" spaces.

The visuals for this experience are very similar.

Sounds become exaggerated - very much like the scene in "Wanted" starring James McEvoy. But I personally feel I can control the state, when I was younger it used to scare the crap out of me, I would bury my head in the pillow, go for a wee, etc but it wouldn't go away until I fell asleep.

Would love to know an explanation!
I can't believe I found others with this exact feeling. Although I have not had an episode for many many years and I am 41. But for some reason it popped into my head, and I wanted to see if others felt the same thing. Mine started when I was very young maybe 5 or 6. I don't remember being sick when they happened, but for me it would be when it was very quiet or if I was doing homework etc. Everything would move so fast as if fast forward, my thinking would even be fast and it would seem like I was talking a mile a minute, my head would move so quick. Noises also would appear louder and more defined. It was the strangest feeling and maybe last a few minutes at most. I am just glad I found others with similar feelings.
Yesss!! Me too it happens when the place is really silent...it first happen when i was 10 i had the flu and recovering thats when its triggered i told my parents but they wouldn't believe me...! Im happy to find more people like us.this happend to me like when im feeling pressured i know when it gonna happen i have severe headache....im 19 now and while im writing this message it almost got like 5mins ago.....what i normally do to try and stop dont always work....but is to go under the shower take deep breaths and try not to think about it....think about something else relax and calm your mind...
im so happy i see more ppl with this illness or whatever this is...
This exact thing happens to me too! I never thought anything of it until my friend told me to research it. Idk what this is. It usually happens to me when the room is silent also
This is exactly what happens to me, im so scared  because i dont know what it is my parents think im crazy and making this up but im not!! And im so glad im the only one i just want to fond out how to stop it or WHY it is happening Someone help!!
Happened to me first in a reccuring dream when i was 4 or 5, then while i was awake. happens less now im 27. had one last week and was curious to see if other people experienced or knew why. the typing thing made me realise it might be the same because im a slow typer but while this is happening it feels so fast even though i know its not. just need a few doctors that have them to study it, anyway i like it doesnt last long so enjoy it..
i think the heat is brought on by this feeling. my dream is a bit hard to explain but ill try does involve fear of death. i am running along a mountain side house as the mountain and house are collapsing into nothing behind me, all the time with this fast feeling. i was scared too but the fear fades with each one so dont worry pal, its only made me a stronger person.
did your son tell you what his dream was about?
I am 13 and I get the same thing but I almost hey them weekly and I have been getting them for years it scares me but I usually just sit them out even tho I hate the feeling I have no clue what it is.
I've been getting them for about 12 years now and it was extremely unbearable but then I found a trick, turn on some music and just sing to it. Usually singing one song has it fixed, hope it works for you too!
singing to a song works perfect! this is what I used to do as a kid when I got these attacks, I found I could sometimes control them as well with singing. If I felt one coming I could sing and the feeling would subside, sometimes (mad as it sounds) Id play with it, let it come on me a little bit then turn it off. Sometimes though it was to strong and even singing couldn't control it.
This feeling usually occurs to me in the morning when I get ready for school. I'm 15, but it seems to happen when I'm tired or haven't gotten enough sleep, although it happens like once a month .
I sometimes feel like there's voices in my head, whispering or sometimes even screaming .
I first experienced this like many others when I was quite young and it would happen a few times per year between the ages of 5-10 but would then become less frequent as I got older.

Like many others in this thread have said when having an "episode" it feels like things are going a million miles per hour and walking normally feels like a sprint. The part I dislike the most are the loud voices which feel like they are shouting in my head all very quickly. These voices seem to be my own and are a running commentary or explaining what I am doing - "WALKING TO DOOR, 1 STEP, 2 STEP. OPEN THE DOOR, GO INTO BATHROOM, TURN ON TAP" - as I try to stop the episode the voices become me telling myself to calm down which only seems to make things worse.

The another most notable feeling is the increased sensory feeling of touch and mainly sound for me. Anything I do seems to make an extremely loud noise, door scraping on floor, running tap, footsteps and anything I touch feels like it is huge or tiny in my hand and may change when I notice it either way.

I am now 21 and hadn't had an episode in as long as I can remember, I was due to go into hospital at 9:00am to have a catheter removed (different story) and was very anxious. I got very little sleep that night (3-4 hours) and when I woke up to get ready to go to the docs I had my first episode in years. It was identical to before but a lot less scary due to me being older and the help of this thread.

I am still not sure what causes it, I feel like it is a combination of lack of sleep, stress, anxiety and maybe being awoken at the wrong part of the sleep cycle. I have however also experienced in the day when in complete silence like others which seems to disprove this.

I have seen a few worried parents in this thread so if you have any questions I'll be happy to answer
I've experienced something very similar for years, at the moment I'm 17 and it's been about a few months since the last episode (frequents about a few times a year and lasts only a few minutes if not seconds)

Apart from the exaggerated movements, it's like my thoughts are screaming everything I think and I have little control- for instance, if I'm about to open a door it will sound to me something like "OPENING THE DOOR" in my head- it's terribly frustrating