Neurology Community
Switching from Paxil 20 mg to Zoloft 50mg

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, Multiple Sclerosis, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

I have taken Paxil for 7 years...it took me 6 months to wean myself off of Paxil and 1 month to get back on Paxil...I am wanting switch to Zoloft because I could sleep my life away and have gained 40lbs on Paxil.  Went to the Doctor and she prescibed me to take 50 mg of Zoloft and to continue taking Paxil and cutting it into 10mg.  I have had much more energy since starting the zoloft, however I am dizzy and feel like I am having brain ZAPS...I just feel really weird.  I am suppose to stop my paxil on Tuesday and I am scared...wondering if I should take 100mg of Zoloft and than take 5mg of Paxil? These brain ZAPS are driving me crazy :(...any advice would be much appreciated. Thank You
This question should ADDRESSED with your physician, not over the internet.