Swollen Lips, numb chin
Starting about 6 months ago, I was getting hives really bad each day.  I went to the doctor and he gave me steroids and they went away for a couple of months.  Recently I had an experience where the left side of my face went numb.  It felt like someone shot me with novicane.  Then about a half a dozen times my lip swelled up to about 5 times it size.  Now sitting here typeing my chin is completly numb, with a dull ache.  Please help!  This seems more then just alergies to me!  I am going to see an alergest on monday, but my gut is telling me that this is something more!
Hi there.

I think that the most important thing to do right now is to establish the allergen that may be causing these symptoms.  I definitely agree with an allergologist consult so he may perform skin tests of the possible allergens.  If ever a definite allergen is found, then the doctor can recommend immuno-therapy to lessen the severity and frequency of the attacks.  Other possible causes include nerve problems (that may also be due to the allergy) that is causing the numbness.  I hope your visit to your doctor will be as fruitful as possible, and the both of you can get to the real cause of this.  Regards.