Neurology Expert Forum
Sydenham Chorea

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Fibromyalgia, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Sydenham Chorea

As mentioned before, my daughter has Sydenham Chorea which was diagnosed and appears to be in the mild stages (she can go to school, etc). I know that diagnosing how long it lasts is hard to do (most websites that I have been on says weeks to months). I did, however, see something on a website that surprised me, it read,

"Half of the acute cases resolve within 2
Avatar n tn
I think you may have misinterpreted the sentence. I would read it that cases of acute/severe chorea resolve in half of cases, but there is some 'residual' chorea (although improved) in the other half of patients. This sentence does not seem to refer to patients who have had mild chorea frmo the onset
1 Comment
Avatar n tn
A related discussion, help plz was started.